Scientific Data Analyst
Posting ID: JP-002160187
Job Description Summary
A Senior Scientific Data Analyst has the necessary education and work experiences to effectively provide data analysis, data management, and data visualization provide additional support to the task force.
- Support study planning, protocol development, and study logistics, possibly including developing and keeping task trackers, protocol organization, organization of study documents (e.g. SOPs, forms, reports, etc.), and preparing study-related materials and overviews
- Monitor data submissions from research study partners
- Provide data cleaning and management support for research studies and surveillance platforms
- Contribute to production of study/surveillance summaries or manuscripts for publication.
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of analytical data files and provide data file documentation describing the scientific data source.
- Coordinating or participating in routine study or surveillance meetings, possibly including taking study minutes and preparing materials on study progress.
- Manage epidemiological and laboratory data by using SAS or equivalent statistical package (e.g. R)
- Familiarity with data management software packages (e.g. R, REDCap, Microsoft Access, Excel, EpiInfo, STATA, etc.)
- Conduct analyses including frequencies, longitudinal data analysis, and univariate and multivariate modeling techniques (linear regression, logistic regression, generalized linear models, and survival analysis)
- Perform data quality assurance activities, including identifying and resolving any inconsistencies in data flow, data outside legitimate ranges, and illogical data responses by developing data quality reports and investigation and resolution of data anomalies or errors by using a combination of software packages including SAS or R, MS Access and Excel, and other software (e.g. REDCap)
- Convert datasets from multiple different sources into SAS datasets
- Manage data stored in a variety of file formats such as SAS datasets, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, SQL, and ASCII files
- Manipulate and transform data that are stored in a variety of file formats
- Explore the use of data visualization platforms (e.g. R, Power BI, mapping software) to quickly summarize study findings
- Support data visualization activities (both for hypothesis generation and to share data with the response) in order to develop communication materials such as data sets, slide sets and summary reports
- Perform daily/weekly data runs and create daily/weekly reports
- Trouble shoot issues with daily/weekly data runs
- Work on ongoing basis to improve and automate code
- Conducts weekly data cleaning and generate weekly error reports
- Database management and upkeep as well as complete ad hoc data requests
- Determine sampling methodologies to implement if case counts exceed certain thresholds, characterize surveillance back-fill to help with real-time interpretation of data
- Determine how to best present age/sex/race adjusted estimates in daily/weekly reports, describe and work to minimize biases related to missingness of key variables such as race/ethnicity
- Work with internal CDC staff/programs to push data to interactive public-facing website on weekly basis.
- Compile individual-level data submitted from multiple external partners in diverse data formats and merge with laboratory testing results from CDC or contract laboratories
- Track completeness and quality of data over time
- Prepare summary tables and descriptive analyses of results on a regular basis
- Have the necessary resources, skills, and materials to support the following data management lifecycle activities: execute the coordination of data entry processes, create data entry forms in software packages such as Microsoft Access and REDCap and perform data entry as required
- Responsible for tracking of problem resolution related to data quality assurance activities by maintaining data-correction logbooks and/or files in order to improve the quality of the data collection/acquisition process
- Create and modify SAS (or other) programs used for data management and create documentation for programs describing their functions and associated processes and output
- Support the design, development, and implementation of surveillance tools to collect epidemiologic data
- Communicate analytic results to internal CDC staff and external partners in a clear, concise and timely manner
- Assist researchers in developing analytical programs in SAS or R and assist researchers in determining the appropriate statistical techniques to apply to their analyses
data management, data analysis, sas, data cleaning, epidemiology
Top Skills Details:
data management,data analysis,sas,data cleaning,epidemiology
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Desired Skills and Experience: CDC experience Experience on an outbreak response in any capacity
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Johanna Carlson
Phone: (404) 682-5800