Job Search & More
Transmission Line Engineer
Posted Monday, July 10, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003894378
Need to live in the Southeast, can get to Atlanta for monthly meetings, working remotely.
This job posting is for a Transmission Line Designer/Engineer, Line Contract Engineer, and Line Scoping Engineer/Estimator positions in the Transmission Engineering organization in Atlanta. The successful candidates will be responsible for applying engineering processes, design criteria, and software applications in the design and construction of high-voltage transmission lines (HVTL). The successful candidates, under direct supervision, will follow prescribed procedures to support estimate preparation, develop design options, and prepare construction specifications. The successful Transmission Line Contract Engineer candidates will provide guidance, oversight, and quality assurance reviews for approved contractors as they develop design solutions, cost estimates, and prepare construction packages for outsourced line design jobs. These positions may be filled at a grade level commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience.
Change order, Engineering, Project coordination, Project management, Design, pls cadd, Construction, Project engineering, transmission line
Top Skills Details:
Change order,Engineering,Project coordination,Project management,Design,pls cadd
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Line Contract Engineer
• Provide guidance, oversight, and technical assistance/expertise on design/standards/tools to external engineering firms.
• Provide Quality Assurance reviews on PLS-CADD line model and job construction package and assist in material ordering.
• Participate in regular line design and construction schedule review meetings.
• Provide evaluations / feedback on engineering firms performance.
• The following education levels are preferred, but not required, for this position:
o BS degree or higher in Engineering (Civil, Electrical or Mechanical preferred)
o A two-year degree, or higher, from a technical school or university with 2+ years of experience with Transmission Line Design
o 5+ years of experience as a designer with no degree
• Previous Transmission Line Design experience is preferred
• Maintenance, construction, or project management experience in the utility industry