Clinical Research Coordinator
Posting ID: JP-002069041
Must have prior experience with Patient Recruitment, Consenting, Scheduling, EDC, and Specimen Collection and Processing.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Coordinates implements and evaluates clinical research trials, studies and projects. Provides direction in the development of research protocols. Recruits and screens potential study participants, and develops and conducts patient and family education accordingly. Oversees financial accounts to ensure operations remain within approved levels. Performs patient evaluations, administers medications and research instruments and provides nursing support to perform specialized diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical procedures. Makes referrals to in-house or community professionals and serves as clinical resource. Collects data, assists in developing data collection systems and compiles reports.
Provides direction and may support other Research Coordinators or other support members. Performs related responsibilities as required.
• Independently manages significant and key aspects of Oncology related trials including one or more small trials, or research projects.
• Operate as Oncology Research Coordinator in support of specified Oncology disease group(s)
• Perform required Patient consents
• Trains and provides guidance to less experienced staff.
• Oversees data management for research projects.
• Interfaces with research participants and resolves issues related to study protocols
• Authorizes purchases for supplies and equipment maintenance.
• Determines effective strategies for promoting/recruiting research participants and retaining participants in long term clinical trials.
• Periodically audits operations including laboratory procedures to ensure compliance with applicable regulations; provides leadership in identifying and implementing corrective actions/processes.
• Monitors IRB submissions and responds to requests and questions.
• Interfaces with study sponsors, monitors and reports SAEs; resolves study queries.
• Provides leadership in determining, recommending, and implementing improvements to policies/processes.
• Assists in developing grant proposals and protocols.
• With appropriate credentialing and training may perform phlebotomy, specimens collection or diagnostics.
• May perform some supervisory duties.
• Performs related approved responsibilities as required.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
(1.) High School Diploma or GED and 3+ years of clinical research experience
(2.) Two years of college in a scientific, health related, or business administration program and three years clinical research experience OR
(3.) Licensed as a practical nurse (LPN) and two years clinical research experience OR
(4.) Bachelor's degree in a scientific, health related, or business administration related program and one year of clinical research experience
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072