Sr. Systems Engineer (Completely Remote) W2 Only No C2C
Posting ID: JP-002662740
A fortune 500 company is looking for a Sr. level Systems Engineer with around 5+ years of experience for a contract to hire. This is primarily a windows environment with a little linux and they want you to have at least base AWS knowledge or certifications.
Your essential responsibilities will include:
● Collaborate with other staff members to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
● Design and deploy new Cloud Services, applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
● Conduct research on AWS Cloud Services and products to justify recommendations and to support adoption efforts.
● Determine the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
● Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to systems engineers and development teams.
● Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
● Ensure system connectivity of all servers and other applications.
● Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
● Ensure compatibility and interoperability with hosted computing systems.
● Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
Must have skills:
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science or electrical engineering and/or 3-7 years equivalent work experience.
● Certifications: AWS Services Certificates
● Experience with Cloud Computing and server technologies
○ Windows Servers & Associated Services:
■ Active Directory, File & Print, IIS, RDS, etc.
■ Permissions & Security
■ Design & Maintenance
■ Strong skills in server virtualization and troubleshooting
● Strong administration and configuration skills
○ New builds
○ Software loads
● Strong knowledge of Active Directory
○ Design / structure / best practices
○ GPO administration
○ AD replication
● Strong networking technologies
○ TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS
● Server clustering technologies
● Experience with various monitoring tools e.g.
○ SNMP, WMI
○ Solar Winds / Orion
○ AWS Cloudwatch, Grafana, ELK
● Strong skills in patching and deployment technologies e.g.
○ AWS SSM
● Strong Scripting Skills
○ Powershell, bash,python
● Amazon Web Services
● Linux/Unix experience
Nice to have skills:
● Experience in a large server Environments 1,000+ servers
● Experience in a multi-datacenter environment
● Experience with Google Apps
● Experience with SOX controls
VMware, Storage, SAN, Blade technology, aws
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
can do attitude
ability to work with customers if necessary
ability to take direction well
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072