Posting ID: JP-002618516
This position is targeting to help the principal engineer with Assay studies for the new automation hardware, and working with the team to migrate the current assays over to that platform. They will need to learn their current automation and then learn their new systems. More complex than the current development scientists regarding the types of testing. The hardware interactions are more complex. The instruments are in the infant phase of development.
Will have to understand manual and automated technology - running tests in current approved format in manual application. Will come in and get understanding of what tests need to be done for that day and week and will be responsible for planning out resources needed to conduct each test. Will be executing tests and preparing scientific reports based on data generated. Will be a mix of lab work and desk work.
D2D: Execution of a test matrix on different platforms using a different set of reagents as well as characterize samples. Run on different platforms, collect data, prepare a report.
General Purpose of Job: Performs a variety of tasks associated with the development of new products, assays, and new manufacturing processes, the investigation into and implementation of product and process changes, and the transfer of new products and processes to the manufacturing departments. Participates in identifying resources for the department including facility, equipment, personnel, and budgetary requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performing activities associated with the development of new products, new assays, and new manufacturing processes.
* Performing manual and automated blood bank tests as part of assay and product development.
* Maintain laboratory notebook for documentation of studies.
* Ability to statistically analyze data.
* Ability to develop testing strategies (DOE).
* Preparation of presentations and the ability to present data to upper management.
* Prepare plans, protocols, reports supporting the development of products/assays.
* Understanding of data generated and the ability to recognize next steps in the development process.
* Perform routine laboratory operations tasks with minimal supervision including but not limited to instrument maintenance, sample receipt and tracking, and inventory management.
* Ensuring deliverables are achieved according to the project plan.
blood bank, clinical chemistry, hematology, data analysis, technical writing
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
1.Automation – Clinical chemistry, blood banking, hematology
2. R&D experience would be preferred, data analysis, technical writing
3. Must have a bachelor’s
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072