Posting ID: JP-002663308
This position is responsible for leading the controllership function for the KICS Portfolio of businesses. This role will work closely with the vertical CFO, business unit Controllers, Tax, Treasury, SOX, and Technical Accounting teams. The role is primarily responsible for the accurate and timely issuance of financial statements.
- Leading the team of Controllers by coordinating closing activities and safeguarding accurate reporting in the monthly closing process
- Responsible for ensuring an effective internal control structure is in place for multiple business units within the portfolio and maintaining compliance with SOX, and US GAAP
- Lead communications between businesses and our partners, such as tax, treasury, and corporate accounting
- Drive continuous improvement and standardization of reporting and analytical processes to drive productivity and efficiency
- Liaise with leadership to provide insight into significant account balance fluctuations
- Oversee all internal and external audit engagements
- Provide analytical and financial ad hoc support to businesses within the portfolio
- Direct multiple strategic analyses for improved profitability and increased visibility for leadership on drivers of financials
- Manage a team of TSMs to ensure critical deadlines are met; train, develop and retain a high-performing team.
- Participate in special projects as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS in Finance or Accounting required, and CPA preferred
- Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) experience preferred
- Understanding of GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley, and Internal Controls
- Expert Knowledge of Microsoft products, specifically Excel, required
- Strong ability to understand and communicate complex financial concept
- Strong management and leadership skills and ability to attract, retain, motivate, develop and mentor team members for high performance
- Lead team(s) to achieve company goals in creative and effective ways
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Leah Loring