Posting ID: JP-002662706
Our client, a chemical manufacturing company, is currently seeking a SR Buyer for their Purchasing Department. The Buyer will report to the Purchasing Manager. This position will assist and take on project leadership in the efficient and effective procurement of goods and services for a multi-site organization.
• Resolve discrepancies on invoicing, receiving, and pricing issues.
• Input purchase orders into the Purchasing ERP system.
• Compile and issue monthly reports as required.
• Investigate and evaluate data on new and existing sources of supply.
• Focus on supplier development and cultivate a partnership with key suppliers.
• Participate and lead negotiations with suppliers as directed.
• Monitor and maintain supplier performance metrics.
• Resolve discrepancies with the supplier (i.e. back orders, pricing late deliveries, or incorrect deliveries).
• Expedite critically needed purchases.
• Work with Production, Technical, and the Storeroom to identify opportunities for efficiencies.
• Monitor order status, assure deliveries, and follow-up with suppliers to ensure smooth operations.
• Review open orders for impact on schedules and resolve problems.
• Works with internal clients to maintain inventory quantities at desired levels for assigned products and suppliers.
• Support all safety and quality initiatives, including performing and assisting in investigations.
buying, purchasing, procurement, Erp, Supply chain, Purchase order, Planner, Capacity planning, Data analysis, Inventory, Data entry, Microsoft excel
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Must have at least 3 years experience in purchasing or customer service type role.
• ERP knowledge and experience preferred.
• Ability to participate and/or lead supplier negotiations
• This position requires a highly motivated individual with excellent problem-solving skills, good interpersonal, and the ability to multi-task.
• Good communication skills (verbal & written) to correspondence with vendors, customers, managers, etc.
• Extensive knowledge of organizational skills and office practices.
• Computer proficiency in all Microsoft Office Software especially MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Access.
• Ability to demonstrate strong customer focus and work ethic of seeking continual improvement.
• High level of integrity, sincerity, and desire to succeed.
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Emilee Morey