Assistant Accounting Manager
Posting ID: JP-002663709
**6-Month Contract, On-site in Savannah, GA - Paying: $34-$40/hr**
Assists in the financial activities of the corporation by analyzing financial information and preparing financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities, and coordinates Navision software, prepare purchase orders for procurement of material by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Accounting Manager in supervising and managing the accounting department.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting, compliance and procedural standards.
- Prepare daily company bank detail for accounts receivable department.
- Manage daily company cashflow report which includes reviewing payable and receivable patterns to ensure enough cash is on hand at all times.
- Perform month-end and quarterly close checklist to meet deadlines set by Holdings.
- Complete quarterly reporting in DIVA system to share results with Holdings by deadline.
- Complete monthly audit requirement signoffs by managers for cash, accrual, inventory, payable, receivable, and prepaid accounts.
- Assist in quarterly and yearly audits in addition to any state or federal tax audits.
- Manage company assets from construction in progress work order creation, budget assignment and monthly settlement costs to final work order settlement to final asset, including any disposals or purchases of assets.
- Maintain construction in progress reconciliation sheet and spend by capital project work order number for FVO and FVN.
- Reconciles and balances all cash accounts with help of staff accountant, various general balance sheet accrual accounts and all intercompany accounts ensuring proper postings to general ledger accounts in proper month.
- Maintains in transit inventory reconciliation sheet throughout the month and on a monthly basis.
- Assists in yearly insurance renewals, insurance broker periodic requests, and insurance audits, in addition to maintaining proper prepaid insurance reconciliation.
- Maintains company P card program which includes employee credit limits and purchasing including proper prepaid credit card reconciliation per employee and department.
- Assists Accounting Manager in preparation of budgets and entering of budgets into software system.
- Coordinate with accounting department, other departments and accounting manager to enhance SAP efficiency.
- Analyzes actual variable manufacturing costs and prepares periodic reports.
- Assist in the budgeting process by computing total cost of items purchased and setting annual standard prices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The Assistant Accounting Manager may be required to work nights and weekends in addition to the standard 40 hour week. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Four year degree from college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with 3 plus years experience with Navision.
Ability to read, speak and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and/or procedure manuals in both English and Japanese preferred. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Devan Carroll