Posting ID: JP-002348164
About the Position:
The Maintenance Technician works under limited supervision to conduct major repairs to production and support equipment, fire protection systems and building management systems, and manages outside contractors used to support building operations.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Troubleshoots equipment issues by observing mechanical devices in operation interacting with operator and utilization of testing devices.
• Performs major repairs on a variety of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and facility equipment. May program PLC and troubleshoot problems. Equipment and systems include motors, pumps, piping systems, conveyor systems, robotics, PLCs, production machinery, and instrumentation equipment.
• Sources or fabricates replacement components or fixtures required to enhance operations.
• Performs electrical troubleshooting; runs conduit, pulls wire, and modifies existing electrical circuits as required.
• Manages the building management systems and fire protections systems, pumps and alarm panels.
• Manages outside contractors that are utilized to support facility repairs or upgrades.
• Installs new machinery and equipment and moves machinery and equipment to affect layout changes as required; work may include operations such as rigging, moving, erecting, aligning, making necessary hook ups, and placing equipment in proper operating condition.
• Performs preventative maintenance activities on building systems and production equipment. Some PM activities will include tasks that require dismantling, adjusting, and re-assembling equipment, along with lubrication and calibration.
• Assists Manufacturing Engineer in other specialized areas as required.
• Adheres to all safety policies and procedures and maintains a safe and clean work area.
• Computer skills required, Microsoft Excel and Word.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
High School Diploma/GED, Trade School or apprenticeship
3-5 Years experience in electrical, industrial machinery maintenance, PLCs
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Brianna Bender