Senior Software Engineer - Relocation Available
Posting ID: JP-002660403
Senior Software Engineer Opening w/Relocation Available to Hawaii
Under the supervision of the Senior Software Engineer, the AO software engineer (SE) is responsible for and leads the development, deployment, optimization, and maintenance of software applications and data analysis tools for Adaptive Optics (AO) Development and Operations. The SE will be a key member of the matrixed AO development team and will be guided by that team’s project priorities. AO operations support will be guided by the AO operations lead. This position is also responsible for providing observing support, troubleshooting, maintenance, and documentation for AO software systems.
- AO Development
- Software Development
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Astronomy or Mathematics.
- Five (5) years' or more of experience in development of real-time control applications.
- Two (2) years’ or more of experience in AO control systems.
- Hands-on experience with real-time processing using CPU or GPU architectures such as CUDA, multi-threaded and distributed processing.
- Significant experience of programming in C, C++, and Python.
- Experience in Unix/Linux and shell scripting.
- Sound knowledge of software engineering principles and practices.
- Demonstrated data analysis skills with experience in either Python, IDL, or MatLab.
- Microsoft Office Proficiency.
- Broad knowledge of modern software engineering practices, especially in the areas of software re-use and testability.
- High level of competency in C, C++, Python programming.
- Strong competency using O-O paradigm and design patterns in delivering software-based solutions.
- Practical experience of configuration management, build and release management processes.
- Motivated, self-starter who can manage multiple projects and priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
SALARY IS NEGOTIABLE AND RELOCATION IS AVAILABLE!
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072