Production Supervisor - L4 - 1st Shift - NAIC2
World Wide Technology
Posted Tuesday, January 10, 2023
Posting ID: 5000917320806
Production Supervisor - L4 - 1st Shift - NAIC2
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 8,000 individuals and closed nearly $13 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the eleventh consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today!
Why should you join the Integration Technology Center team?
WWT's Integration Technology Center teams work in a climate-controlled production environment with advanced networking, secure remote access, and certified procedures specifically designed for staging, kitting and configuring the latest advanced technology solutions. The team consists of certified engineers with logistical and technical expertise to help reduce the risk, cost and complexity of IT deployments.
What will you be doing?
Supervises a team of technicians who are accountable for meeting customer demands that include added value services such as installation & assembly of equipment. Responsible for building a team, providing training/direction to employees, coaching and assessing team members, scheduling resources to meet deadlines and monitoring work quality and escalation. Directly monitors daily, weekly & monthly KPIs and collaborates with team in achieving goals and objectives.
- Monitor and meet daily, weekly and monthly Production and Budgetary goals.
- Interface with Production Scheduling to determine schedules for shift production
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required
- Scale labor and meet production demands through effective scheduling and assignment of employees.
- Ensure achievement of production throughput against stated capacity targets.
- Ensure that team members follow defined manufacturing procedures and comply with quality requirements
- Ensures that the operational staff is qualified and adequately trained.
- Make business decisions around headcount, expenses, and overtime in order to perform appropriate cost scaling.
- Complete employee assessments to include individual development plans, short term goals and long-term goals.
- Conforms with quality control audits and coordinates corrective actions as needed.
- Research customer impacting issues at a level to be able to provide root cause and corrective action.
- Work positively with support functions to fully define the processes/procedures/controls relevant to team activities. Provide support and input to continuous improvement activities within the team
- Effectively collaborates with cross functional teams to escalate issue resolution, share production status, and other instances as required by the business and daily goals.
- Liaise and communicate with other departments and ensure an effective interface is maintained
- Ensure appropriate cleanliness, organization and compliance with Safety, ISO and TL9000 requirements.
- Associates Degree, Bachelor's Degree preferred or relevant work experience
- Basic understanding of LEAN methodology and concepts (preferred)
- Overall planning and execution of enhancing quality & customer service.
- Produce progress reports
- Supervision of medium size teams (15-25 on average)
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency in leadership and problem solving
- Proficiency in team building and organization health
- Written and Oral Communications -- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate ideas/information
- Policy enforcement
- Time Management - Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly
- Customer Focus Mentality
- Computer Competency:
- Internet navigation, file saves and moves, and Internet connectivity
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure/cost of poor quality
- Exercise considerable initiative/judgement in work methods and in interpreting and delegating work requirements/goals
- Ability to lead by example, gain respect from team and communicate with clarity whilst demonstrating excellence in approach to work and people activities
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently abled
Some WWT customers have a COVID-19 vaccine requirement. In order to work on projects for these customers, employees must be fully vaccinated or have an appropriate religious or medical accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently Abled.
Job Number: #23-0039
Posting Locations:Edwardsville, Illinois
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072