Configuration Technician - L3 - 1st shift - NAIC2
World Wide Technology
Posted Tuesday, January 10, 2023
Posting ID: 5000917307906
Configuration Technician - L3 - 1st Shift - NAIC2
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 8,000 individuals and closed nearly $13 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the eleventh consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today!
Install and integrate equipment per Build Specifications into network, server racks and cabinets
Perform asset tagging based on customer requirements
Knowledgeable on the proper use of basic and power tools
Ability to troubleshoot installation of hardware
Ability to route and manage copper, fiber cables, and AC/DC power cords to WWT/Customer/Industry Standard with no direction
Ability to read & understand basic wiring diagrams & installation instructions with no direction
Ability to create and apply device and cable labels (end to end)
Complete and submit basic paperwork (timecards, checklists, etc.) according to company policies and procedure
Ability to read engineering drawings such as rack elevations and cable run list schematics, detailing all in-rack connections (Example: power, networking, data and storage)
Help to troubleshoot errors and perform Quality Audits
Basic knowledge of AC & DC Power.
Ability to train other team members on the above tasks in accordance with WWT standards.
Cable management and connect devices (power and logical connections where applicable)
Ensures compliance with established codes, regulations and standards
Addition or removal of non-powered or passive equipment
Execute work to customer-defined requirement
Complete physical audit of equipment and accessories
Confirm hardware is functional & troubleshoot as pertain to work performed
- High School Diploma or GED
- Intermediate-Level Position: Typically requires postsecondary education in electronics, telecommunications, computer networking or related moderate industry experience racking Telco or Network Equipment. Generally includes knowledge and experience of cabling
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Written Communication
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Customer Focus
- Testing (Basic)
- Counting (Basic)
- Mechanical aptitude (Intermediate)
- WWT Knowledge (Intermediate)
- Product Compliance (Intermediate)
- Troubleshooting (Intermediate)
- Installation (Intermediate)
- Cabling (Foundational)
- Crimping & lugging (Intermediate)
- Personal Learning
- Problem Solving
- Decision quality
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel)
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently abled
Some WWT customers have a COVID-19 vaccine requirement. In order to work on projects for these customers, employees must be fully vaccinated or have an appropriate religious or medical accommodation.
Job Number: #23-0038
Posting Locations:Edwardsville, Illinois
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072