Lead Network Security Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002659854
This position is responsible for ensuring the planning, selection, build, and maintenance of high quality technology solutions that meet defined and emerging business capability needs in a cost effective way. He or she will partner with security peers and Enterprise Architecture to establish, understand, and adhere to technical and IT security standards. Creating non-functional and functional requirements to build stable, secure, and resilient solutions will be required. Documentation of processes and procedures for efficient and effective ongoing maintenance of the technology is also required.
Specific activities will include:
• Design, build, implement, and support the IT network-centric security solutions.
• Ensure cost effective solutions meet security, availability, capacity, resiliency, and performance requirements.
• Understand industry leading solutions and trends for assigned technologies and apply that knowledge
• Partner with appropriate business and IT counterparts to recommend technology solutions.
• Assist in maintaining a multi-year strategy with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Participate in projects and audits as a subject matter expert / consultant.
• Create and maintain system and process documentation.
Plans and implements enterprise network security solutions and related hardware and software.
- Performs security capability analysis to identify gaps and select optimal solutions
- Designs and documents network security architecture and works in coordination with Network Engineering to implement secure networks.
- Defines and documents standard operating procedures for Tier 2 Support organization and performs initial knowledge transfer
- Establishes security controls such as firewall, intrusion prevention, micro segmentation, network authentication, network security auditing and change validation
- Participates in architectural design sessions to highlight capabilities and obstacles in proposed implementations
- Acts as escalation point for Engineering critical incidents/problems
- Mentors team, provides work direction, prioritizes team tasks
Must have recent experience in two or more technologies:
Checkpoint Firewall/IPS 80.10 or later
Web Security Service
Illumio Core/Adaptive Security Platform
Cisco Identity Services Engine for AAA
Security, Firewall, Checkpoint, Siem, Vulnerability management, Cissp, Network security, Vpn, F5, RADIUS, Cisco, Proxy Server
MS Teams 1 and done interview with this team and Manager
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072