Posting ID: JP-002664421
IT Helpdesk Technician - Job Description
We are seeking an IT Helpdesk Technician to join our IT Department. This position will be responsible for supporting our end-users in all aspects of our computer systems. The Helpdesk will be responsible for troubleshooting problems onsite at multiple Bloomington campus locations and our remote practice sites throughout the country. The IT Helpdesk Technician will be the first point of contact for most issues. The ideal candidate should be willing to jump head-first into any problem and demonstrate a willingness and capability to learn.
· Image and configure desktops and laptops
· Provide computer onboarding for all new hires. This includes setting up work locations and assisting with any onboarding questions related to IT systems.
· Troubleshoot problems related to computer systems, both onsite and remotely.
· Answer calls and respond to the IT email inbox.
· Install, upgrade, or repair software and hardware equipment.
· Provision company email and handle all password resets.
· Assist in managing inventory and procurement.
· Document all incidents and escalate issues to the appropriate parties.
· Research technical challenges and document solutions for the knowledge database.
· Other IT project duties as assigned.
· Minimum High School or equivalent
Experience and Qualifications
· At least 3+ years of relevant experience
· Strong customer service skills (We value our people!)
· Knowledgeable in Windows and Mac-based operating systems
· Knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365 and MS Office preferred
· Ability to troubleshoot printers and other peripherals
· Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
· Strong sense of urgency (24 hours turnaround on ALL tickets)
· Hours worked will be normal business hours, but could include occasional nights and weekends
· Some travel would be required
· Salary is negotiable and dependent upon experience
Windows 10, Phone support, Customer service, powershell, Support, Windows, Hardware, Active Directory, Office 365
Top Skills Details:
Windows 10,Phone support,Customer service,powershell
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072