Senior Research And Design Strategist
Posting ID: JP-002658983
One North, a digital agency recently acquired by TEKsystems Global Services®, is looking for a dynamic and driven Senior Research and Design Strategist to join our team.
We help some of the world’s most complex organizations stand out from the crowd by delivering breakthrough brand experiences. Leveraging expertise across strategy, brand, experience design, and technology, our experts use digital to reimagine how clients connect, communicate, and engage with their audiences to win new business, strengthen client relationships, and attract and retain top talent.
We are a fast-paced, growing organization with a dynamic and diverse work environment. Our values guide our hiring decisions and shape how we make a meaningful impact for our clients.
One North is looking to add a Senior Research and Design Strategist to our open, inclusive, and collaborative strategy team. This role is critical to our Customer Experience (CX) Strategy team, the team on the front lines helping our clients discover, ideate, plan, and design new experiences to simultaneously meet their customers’ needs and their business objectives.
At One North, CX Strategy extends across all types of services and products and considers relationships beyond those strictly between our clients and their customers. Identifying and understanding our target audience(s) is critical to building what our clients’ customers, employees, patients, recruits, and more, seek and desire.
Our ideal candidate will have expertise in the design and execution of human-centered research and in the identification and articulation of strategic design initiatives to address unmet needs. This individual will also be a masterful storyteller, able to communicate the value of design recommendations. While successful candidates will often have a background explicitly in Design Research, they may also have a background in UX, Content, Brand, Digital Marketing, or Product Strategy.
• Lead CX/design strategy efforts through research, insights articulation, persona and journey map/blueprint creation, and design thinking exercises.
• Design and conduct collaborative ideation, evaluation, and participatory design sessions and workshops with client stakeholders and One North team members.
• Establish strategic visions/narratives to meet to clients’ needs, whether for executive/organizational level initiatives or for a prioritized product or experience.
• Develop concepts and illustrative scenarios to help clients to envision future-state interactions and build support for implementation.
• Lead the creation of actionable and iterative roadmaps to guide long-term innovation and transformation programs.
• Support design recommendations with qualitative and quantitative data, balancing value to users/customers with value to our clients and implementation effort.
• Reinforce One North’s role as strategic, consultative advisors to executives and senior leaders, especially in Marketing, Technology, and Product organizations.
• Function as both a lead expert for core CX/design strategy projects and as a strategic advisor during experience design and delivery efforts, providing actionable insights and clear recommendations.
• Bring a strong point-of-view and leadership to One North’s CX strategy and human-centered design processes for clients and cross-functional teams.
• Collaborate closely with UX, Design, Brand, Content, Data, and Technology experts to bring solutions to life.
• Contribute to the Strategy discipline through process improvement, thought leadership, education, and community participation.
• Work across a spectrum of large and small-scale design strategy projects, with little oversight on smaller engagements.
Skills & Qualifications
• 5+ years professional agency or consulting experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Background in relevant field, such as Research and Design, CX, UX, Design, Product, or Digital Marketing Strategy
• Expert command of human-centered research methodologies and techniques, such as contextual observations, in-depth interviews, participatory design workshops, intercepts, surveys, etc.
• Experience leading ideation, collaboration, or design exercises and workshops grounded in design thinking or human-centered design principles
• Experience developing key CX/design strategy deliverables such as vision statements/narratives, personas, journey maps, service blueprints, roadmaps, etc.
• Experience integrating quantitative insights into deliverables to strengthen recommendations
• Experience communicating and visualizing complex and abstract ideas and concepts, storytelling, and presenting to executive-level stakeholders
• Excellent storytelling and presentation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to stay organized, managing responsibilities and meeting deadlines across a variety of projects
• Ability to travel to client sites as projects require (post-COVID), up to 15% of the time
• Portfolio of recent work showing process and final deliverables required prior to interviewing
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072