Posting ID: JP-002659107
The HelpDesk Support Technician will work as part of a team to provide end user support and basic training on IT devices. Individuals will troubleshoot, research, resolve and document technology issues and problems as reported by doctors, technicians and staff.
The HelpDesk Support Technician will be based out of the Chicago with occasional travel to other locations. Individuals will need to participate in our on-call rotation where they will be available 24x7 for a full week (about 8 weeks a year).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Support end-user desktops, laptops and other devices. This includes software installation, configuration and maintenance. It also includes minor hardware replacement and installation.
2. Assist doctors, technicians and staff with all IT problems and issues.
3. Provide basic IT training, orientation and coaching to new and existing employees.
4. Assist Network team to troubleshoot and resolve network issues as necessary.
5. Record, document and follow up on trouble tickets, document and follow up on issue resolution in ticketing system.
6. Assist in other initiatives as necessary.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a HelpDesk technical support role.
• Proven experience with desktop support running Microsoft Windows 7, 10 and Microsoft Office.
• Proven experience installing, configuring and supporting software applications.
• Ability to research technical issues and find best fit resolutions.
• Experience with supporting Apple computers and devices.
Competencies: To perform this job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
Self-Starter: Eager to help and seeks opportunities to help.
Customer Service: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers; establishes and maintains effective relationships and builds trust and respect; keen attention to detail.
Problem Solving: Identifies, troubleshoots, escalates and resolves problems in a timely manner. Persists at troubleshooting and research until problem is resolved.
Excellent Oral & Written Communication Skills: Speaks and writes clearly and with a purpose. Able to communicate technical topics to non-technical employees. Responds well to questions.
Listening: Practices attentive and active listening; has patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
Interpersonal Skills: Relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport and constructive, effective relationships; positive attitude.
Ethics: Treats people with respect. Works with integrity and ethically
Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures.
Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time.
Dependability: Follows instructions; ability to prioritize and perform responsibilities in a pressure environment; responds to management requests.
Other Skills and Abilities
• Must have a professional demeanor.
• Desire and ability to work around animals (no allergies).
• 10% travel is possible.
• 8 weeks of 24x7 on-call support.
Help Desk, Desktop
Top Skills Details:
Help Desk, Desktop
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Great interpersonal skills and ability to communicate.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072