UX Strategy Manager
Posting ID: JP-002658875
One North, a digital agency recently acquired by TEKsystems Global Services®, is looking for a dynamic and diligent UX Strategy Manager to join our team.
We help some of the world’s most complex organizations stand out from the crowd by delivering breakthrough brand experiences. Leveraging expertise across strategy, brand, experience design, and technology, our experts use digital to reimagine how clients connect, communicate, and engage with their audiences to win new business, strengthen client relationships, and attract and retain top talent.
We are a fast-paced, growing organization with a dynamic and diverse work environment. Our values guide our hiring decisions and shape how we make a meaningful impact for our clients.
One North is looking to add a UX (User Experience) Strategy Manager to our diverse team. As part of our multidisciplinary Strategy team, you will be leading our most complex, impactful efforts for clients and innovating our internal discipline by developing User Experience Strategists, enhancing our UX capabilities and processes, and creating new business opportunities.
At One North, UX Strategy extends across all types of services and products, so ensuring solutions intersect our end user needs, client’s business objectives, and technical feasibility is critical. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of user centered design process, enjoys guiding others through uncharted territory, pushes past the obvious, and brings operational effectiveness to teams. Successful candidates balance business development, solutioning, management, and mentorship.
• Direct complex engagements and play a leading role in defining how we approach getting to the solution
• Assess, plan, and contribute to the scoping of projects and new business development by being the voice of UX in client proposals
• Manage UX processes across a spectrum of large and small-scale digital and UX projects for multiple clients and adjust the approach when necessary
• Build relationships that drive business results internally and with clients
• Contribute to team resourcing, forecasting hiring and skillset needs, and assisting with recruitment efforts
• Lead other UX Strategists through projects and client relationships
• Ensure solutions are effective, engaging, consistent, and aligned with the client’s business goals while balancing customer needs, technical feasibility, and market viability
• Lead UX Strategy efforts through expert command of the UX toolkit, including user research and analysis (observation, interviews, surveys, audits, competitive analysis), design thinking exercises, persona development, journey map creation, wireframing, and usability testing
• Educate clients and internal teams on the ROI and trade-offs associated with UX recommendations, and by knowing how and when to defend design choices
• Establish project visions and lead concepting by conducting collaborative ideation, evaluation, or participatory design sessions and workshops with client stakeholders and One North team members
• Manage multiple iterative projects at a time by prioritizing, planning milestones, resourcing, and project scheduling
• Direct teams through ambiguity and uncharted territory to meet the needs of our evolving clients at the forefront of new challenges
• Incorporate qualitative and quantitative data to drive design decision making
• Establish One North as strategic, consultative advisors to executives and senior leaders, especially in Marketing, Technology, and Product organizations
• Function as both a lead expert for core UX projects and as a strategic advisor during experience design and delivery efforts, providing actionable insights and clear recommendations
• Bring a strong point-of-view and leadership to a design thinking and human-centered design process for clients and cross-functional teams
• Lead collaboration with Strategy, Brand, Content, Design, Data, and Technology experts to bring the solution to life
• Manage and develop User Experience Strategist direct reports through coaching, oversight, and career development
• Contribute to the UX Strategy discipline through presentations, process improvement, thought leadership, education, and community participation
Skills & Qualifications
• 8 or more years of professional agency or consulting experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Background in interaction design, human-computer interaction, design, psychology, strategy, or equivalent experience
• Experience leading a design team and cross-disciplinary collaboration
• Expert knowledge of design frameworks, design research and synthesis methods, user interface standards, design patterns, and user experience design principles and best practices
• Expert command of user and customer research techniques, such as surveys, in-depth interviews, observational studies, focus groups, participatory design workshops, etc.
• Experience leading ideation, collaboration, or design exercises and workshops grounded in design thinking or human-centered design principles
• Experience developing key UX strategy deliverables such as heuristic reports, personas, journey maps, wireframes, usability testing reports, project briefs, etc.
• Experience with shifting priorities, demands, and timelines in a positive manner
• Agile/Scrum experience creating user stories, prioritizing a backlog, and presenting in feature presentations is a plus, though not required
• Strong presentation skills, experience communicating and visualizing complex and abstract ideas and concepts, storytelling and presenting to executive-level stakeholders
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to stay organized, managing responsibilities and meeting deadlines across a variety of projects
• Working knowledge of design and collaboration software (i.e., Figma, Miro, Confluence, Teams, etc.)
• Ability to travel (post-COVID) to client sites as projects require, up to 15% of the time
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072