Medical Imaging Scheduler
Posting ID: JP-002661846
- Medical imaging scheduling team. Medical imaging is the technique and process of imaging the interior of a body for clinical analysis and medical intervention, as well as visual representation of the function of some organs or tissues. When fully staffed we have 6 schedulers. 4 currently in the role.
- This team is very close knit. We are first POC to dept so we do our best to provide a high level of standards in discussing scheduling. The “joke” in the office is that we have a “Disney voices” when speaking to one of us over the phone because we sound so nice.
- Needs someone willing to be part of a team, not afraid to ask questions. Example: When one person gets stuck on scheduling issues, the rest of the team as they over hear it, once they get to a point where they can stop what they’re doing, they will stop and help and talk through it before coming to me. Bubbly and personable personalities.
- Taking around 100+ calls/day scheduling for medical imaging specifically. Scheduling for 5 different modalities which include X ray, ultrasound, MRI, CT peds and Nuclear Medicine. Calls probably take 5 minutes on average – will create chart, enter in demographic info, finding appointment for that specific modality/specialty you are scheduling for. Some modalities take longer to schedule because they are more complex.
- A lot of different type of calls coming into the office. Calls from patients (their parents), internal providers, nurses on behalf of patients, etc., so need to be able to talk to both external patients/customers and internal partners.
- We are looking to bring in someone to help with the backlog of work. We would put this person on some things that are easier and involve less training that would allow us to pull our specialized and tenured staff aware from the phones or admin work that is currently puling them away from the more complex work they need to do. This will start off being 30-60 + days to allow us to get through the backlog of work. They could also be extended and/or evaluated for a temp to hire scenario if things are going well.
- Imaging scheduling is a very specialized role. Usually people in those roles remain in the role for a very long time. It can be more challenging teaming people things like exams, scanners, procedures, processes, etc.
- Entering written orders from a provider into a patient chart – order must be entered accurately. All in Epic. Take that fax order, enter into system and scan to HIM dept.
- M-F 8am - 4:30 or 8:30 - 5pm. Can be flexible if needed to a certain extent. Sometimes need coverage for later hours to 7pm, but not required for this person to be available.
scheduling, imaging scheduling, medical imaging, medical imaging scheduler, medical terminology, epic, EMR, customer service, call center
Top Skills Details:
scheduling,imaging scheduling,medical imaging,medical imaging scheduler,medical terminology,epic,EMR,customer service,call center
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Strong Medical terminology knowledge.
- Experience working with clinicians, nurses or providers.
- Call center history. Will be taking 100+ inbound and outbound calls. This team supports the entire organization as well as external providers. Someone from a call center environment would understand and be able to adapt in that role very quickly.
- Epic is a plus, but any EMR experience suffices.
- This person must enjoy talking to patients, enjoy complex care, digging into charts, providing a higher level of service to patient families, enjoy the back and forth with patients/parents, interactions, engagements, patient care, working with nurses/providers.
- Multitasker, critical thinker, strong attention to detail.
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Megan Diemer