Staff Internal Auditor
Posting ID: JP-002663943
Aston Carter is currently seeking an experienced Staff Internal Auditor for a position near the Chicago, Illinois area!!
• Assists with a variety of audits in accordance with audit programs through the application of established policies and procedures.
• Attends kickoff and closing meetings. May assist in preparing the agenda for these meetings.
• Utilizes audit techniques to document and determine the effectiveness of internal controls (i.e. interviews, observation, flow charting, compliance and substantive testing). Able to independently identify risks in a given process.
• May participate in investigations being performed by the Internal Audit function.
• Based on changes or new information arising in the audit process, adjusts to changes made to audit programs to address these changes.
• Identifies audit concerns, and effectively communications, as identified, to audit team.
• Prepares draft audit findings including recommendations resulting from audit for formal report to immediate supervisor. Assists in preparing reports for reviews.
• Adheres to detailed project timelines.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
-Bachelor's Degree OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 3 years of experience in financial/operational auditing or information technology auditing.
-Experience working with internal control concepts (risk and control).
-Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
-Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
-Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
-Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes.
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Jaret Gerber