Aircraft Upholstery Technician - Experience REQUIRED
Posting ID: JP-002341706
Duration: Open ended contract - can request to go direct after 6 months.
Benefits: Available through Aerotek, and optional. Includes: medical, dental, vision, 401K, discounts.
Pay: $25-40 based on experience
Per Diem: Yes, 7 days
Overtime: Optional and unlimited.
MUST BE WILLING TO SUBMIT TO FAA REGULATION COMPLIANCE INCLUDING SAFETY SENSITIVE DOT DRUG TEST AND BACKGROUND CHECK.
MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US.
Working on corporate aircraft - attention to detail and highest quality standards required.
- Able to perform major modifications to seats and related items as required. Must possess a working familiarity with different seat styles typical to aircraft. Work independently on projects when required.
- Work independently when required.
- Perform complete upholstery refurbishment of aircraft seats from start to finish. Such duties include inspection , disassembly and assembly, prep work, foam work, patterning, sewing and installation of dress covers.
- Maintenance and repair of shop facility, equipment and tooling when required. Cleanliness of shop and surroundings.
- Assist with training to ensure job knowledge and performance of lesser-experienced employees.
- Must be able to diagnose seat problems in and out of the aircraft and perform necessary corrective actions. Must possess a thorough understanding of FAA flammability requirements for all materials used.
- Must be able to complete all required paperwork per work order book. Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have +3 years experience performing extensive upholstery tasks on corporate aircraft.
- Personal hand tools supplied by the technician.
- Electrical power tools such as sanders, saws, power drills, etc.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Moody, Kristel