Warehouse Specialist - Inventory Control - 1st Shift - NAIC2
World Wide Technology
Posted Friday, December 2, 2022
Posting ID: 5000908547206
Warehouse Specialist - Inventory Control - 1 stShift - NAIC2
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 8,000 individuals and closed nearly $13 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the eleventh consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today!
Warehouse Specialists are responsible for receiving, moving, picking and shipping product throughout our warehouse and integration operations. Responsibilities include operating Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT), applying and scanning labels to endure product is properly tracked, ensuring all product is safely and securely loaded or stored, overseeing inventory control, inspecting inventory and maintaining inventory records. The position reports to a Warehouse Supervisor. An ideal candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced environment, operate handheld scanning equipment, follow processes and be a team player.
- Utilize knowledge of safety and best practices while operating equipment such as Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT), Crane or Box Truck.
- Assess bottlenecks in work processes within teams to streamline and simplify workflow.
- Coordinate with team members to execute new ideas or approaches and achieve process improvement goals.
- Compile data and analyze the impact of process changes.
- Apply the organization's techniques to determine short-term production capacity available for a given process or part.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the processes for receiving, shipping and warehousing materials and reports any materials flow issue to management.
- Gather pertinent information about a problem by analyzing data and patterns and identifying underlying issues.
- Research and recommend more detailed solutions to resolve problems.
- Implement solutions based on advanced knowledge of standard practices and previous experiences; escalate complex or unprecedented issues and needed.
- Listen attentively to others, ensuring they have the opportunity to finish speaking without disruption or interruption; asks thought-provoking follow-up questions.
- Pick up on non-verbal cues and use own body language (e.g., eye contact, nodding head) to show receptiveness, attentiveness, and interest.
- Ask for clarification and validate understanding of messages by providing appropriate responses.
- Make accurate judgments regarding the time required to complete various work outputs.
- Build due dates into assignments and proactively follows up with team members to ensure deadlines are successfully met.
- Balance several tasks and priorities simultaneously and seek guidance when necessary.
- Comply with and promote safety guidelines.
- Promote a clean and organized (5S) warehouse operation.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to operate a Powered Industrial Truck (PIT), hand truck, pallet jack, and other warehouse equipment.
- 3-5 years of warehousing experience preferred
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Possible single axel box truck operation.
WWT has a vaccine requirement for all of its U.S. workforce. All new hires must be fully vaccinated before starting at WWT. Appropriate religious and medical accommodations will be made and can be discussed in the pre-hire process.
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com for more information.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently Abled.
Job Number: #22-2347
Posting Locations:Edwardsville, Illinois
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072