Warehouse Lead - EDJ - 1st Shift - NAIC4
World Wide Technology
Posted Wednesday, January 4, 2023
Posting ID: 5000915588206
Warehouse Lead - EDJ - 1st Shift - NAIC4
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
Founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri, WWT is a global systems integrator and supply chain solutions provider that employs over 7,700 people and operates more than 3.4 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution, and lab integration space strategically located throughout the U.S. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the past ten years.
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for a Warehouse Lead.
Warehouse Leads are responsible for indirectly overseeing and leading a group of 5-10 warehouse personnel who work receiving, moving, picking and shipping product throughout our warehouse and integration operations. Responsibilities include planning and directing staff in support our department goals and objectives. Warehouse Leads actively participate in the warehouse operations. The position reports to a Warehouse Supervisor. An ideal candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced environment, operate handheld scanning equipment, follow processes and be a team player.
- Implement solutions based on advanced knowledge of standard practices and previous experiences; escalate complex or unprecedented issues and needed.
- Gather pertinent information about a problem by analyzing data and patterns and identify underlying issues.
- Research and recommend more detailed solutions to resolve problems.
- Apply advanced knowledge of safety and best practices while operating equipment such as Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT), Crane or Box Truck, to advise and guide others.
- Anticipate and recognize bottlenecks in work processes between teams and makes suggestions for ongoing improvement.
- Lead implementation teams and ensure the successful execution of new ideas or approaches.
- Coordinate with team to define the measures of success for process improvements.
- Utilize advanced knowledge of the organization's techniques to determine short-term production capacity, considering resources and materials available.
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of the processes for ordering, shipping and warehousing materials; ensure a consistent flow for production and looks for opportunities to improve the movement of materials.
- Listen attentively to others, ensuring they have the opportunity to finish speaking without disruption or interruption; ask thought-provoking follow-up questions.
- Pick up on non-verbal cues and use own body language (e.g., eye contact, nodding head) to show receptiveness, attentiveness, and interest.
- Ask for clarification and validates understanding of messages by providing appropriate responses.
- Make accurate judgments regarding the time required to complete various work outputs.
- Build due dates into assignments and proactively follow up with team members to ensure deadlines are successfully met.
- Balance several tasks and priorities simultaneously and seek guidance when necessary.
- Comply with and promote safety guidelines.
- Drive teams to maintain a clean and organized (5S) warehouse operation.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (College Level Schooling preferred).
- Experience operating a Powered Industrial Truck (PIT), hand truck, pallet jack, and other warehouse equipment.
- 3-5 years of warehousing experience preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Possible single axel box truck operation.
Some WWT customers have a COVID-19 vaccine requirement. In order to work on projects for these customers, employees must be fully vaccinated or have an appropriate religious or medical accommodation.
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com for more information.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently Abled.
Job Number: #23-0011
Posting Locations:Edwardsville, Illinois
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072