Transportation Specialist I - 2nd Shift - NAIC2
World Wide Technology
Posted Monday, November 7, 2022
Posting ID: 5000897076206
Transportation Specialist I - 2nd Shift - NAIC2
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
Founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri, WWT is a global systems integrator and supply chain solutions provider that employs over 8,000 people and operates more than 3.4 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution, and lab integration space strategically located throughout the U.S. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the past ten years.
Why should you join the Logistics team?
WWT's Logistics and Supply Chain teams enable customers to meet specific challenges in product lead time, configuration, reducing delivery delays and shortening time-to-market for their products with supply chain solutions. With 3.4 million square feet across four facilities strategically located in St. Louis/ Southern Illinois Region. WWT is able to configure and ship more than 700,000 integrated systems a year around the world. WWT's focus is to simplify the process, becoming your single point of contact to design, build, test and deploy fully integrated IT systems on time.
Daily shipping execution (including but not limited to, load tendering, documentation preparation, track and trace and other daily logistical activities) related to both Domestic and International shipments originating from all WWT warehouse locations and other vendor and remote facilities. The position is also responsible to execute procedures related to export and import compliance consistent with United States and other international regimes.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the industry, including the key players and their success strategies.
- Develops an awareness of industry issues, including trends and challenges or concepts.
- Develops a broad understanding of industry products/services and their applications; distinguishes the pros, cons and implications of the options.
- Utilizes resources to maximize performance and value added; utilizes reports and tools to track operational efficiency.
- Constantly works to improve own efficiency; double-checks the accuracy of the output of others to ensure high quality delivery.
- Identifies processes, activities and tasks that do not add value; suggests improvements that impact the quality of products, services and processes.
- Assesses bottlenecks in work processes within teams to streamline and simplify workflow.
- Coordinates with team members to execute new ideas or approaches and achieve process improvement goals.
- Compiles data and analyzes the impact of process changes.
- Retrieves necessary information from records management systems and ensures records are maintained in accordance with retention schedules.
- Compiles documentation and ensures accuracy and of records within the company's policies and procedures.
- Maintains and organizes records and data in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Gathers pertinent information about a problem by analyzing data and patterns and identifying underlying issues.
- Researches and recommends more detailed solutions to resolve problems.
- Implements solutions based on advanced knowledge of standard practices and previous experiences; escalates complex or unprecedented issues and needed.
- Accurately keeps track of details and deliverables.
- Assesses the relative importance of tasks and activities assigned.
- Applies judgment to make trade-offs on time and resource allocations when faced with competing demands.
- Exchanges information in straightforward situations to gain other's support.
- Proactively seeks help from a manager when needed to address areas of difference and ensure agreements among all parties.
- Assists in conducting straightforward cost, benefit and risk analyses of possible solutions and the implications not reaching an agreement.
- Develops an understanding of laws, controls and regulatory requirements.
- Develops an understanding of legal and regulatory requirements (e.g. reporting mandates, compliance requirements).
- Develops understanding of internal and external market control environments.
- Learns about the company's financial and management accounting policies, procedures and systems.
- Develops basic knowledge of the accounting principles for one discipline (e.g., GAAP, Cost Accounting, Tax Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing).
- Helps coordinate stakeholder input and collaboration efforts when developing solutions to issues.
- Learns to think broadly and understand how, why and when policies/processes are standardized and when they differ across the organization.
- Executes tasks and/or provides data to support implementation of holistic solutions that forge linkages between structure, people, process and technology.
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Business or related field preferred
- 1-3 years' experience in both Domestic and International Logistics and Trade Compliance
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio application proficiency.
- Excellent communications skills
- Six Sigma/ Lean training a plus
- MRP experience a plus (Oracle or SAP)
- Knowledge of and experience US import and export regulations
- Must be fluent in English, any other language is a plus
Some WWT customers have a COVID-19 vaccine requirement. In order to work on projects for these customers, employees must be fully vaccinated or have an appropriate religious or medical accommodation.
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com for more information.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently Abled.
Job Number: #22-2165
Posting Locations:Edwardsville, Illinois
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072