Warehouse Manager - Shipping - 3rd shift - NAIC4
World Wide Technology
Posted Tuesday, November 8, 2022
Posting ID: 5000901038706
Warehouse Manager - Shipping - 3rd Shift - NAIC4
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
Founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri, WWT is a global systems integrator and supply chain solutions provider that employs over 8,000 people and operates more than 3.4 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution, and lab integration space strategically located throughout the U.S. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the past nine years.
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for a Warehouse Manager.
Warehouse Managers are responsible for overseeing and leading a group of 25-75 warehouse personnel who work receiving, moving, picking, and shipping product throughout our warehouse and integration operations. Responsibilities include leading, developing, planning, and directing staff in support our department goals and objectives. The position reports to a Senior Warehouse Manager.
- Strategically create and improve organization's equipment operation best practices ensuring operators adhere to policy.
- Identify the interrelatedness of work activities across teams and recommend improvements to processes to increase effectiveness.
- Remove team barriers to implementing new ideas or approaches by securing the necessary resources or support from senior management.
- Ensure process improvement initiatives focus on measurable results, and help teams establish measures of success.
- Provide insight on ways to address short-term production capacity constraints or issues (e.g., through increasing the number of workers or machines, increasing the number of shifts, sub-contracting arrangements).
- Guide the receiving, shipping, and warehousing processes to ensure a consistent flow for production; implement new strategies and designs to improve the movement of materials.
- Conduct a deep review of data and issues to quickly reveal the root cause of problem.
- Recommend interim and long-term solutions to complex problems to ensure successful resolution.
- Execute solutions to complex problems; guide the analysis of a problem all the way to a successful resolution.
- Encourage others to listen attentively and engage with the speaker by asking appropriate open-ended questions; reflect on and reiterates key points and clarifies messages to help others reach agreement.
- Monitor non-verbal reactions of others to identify and respond to areas of interest or concern.
- Ensure all viewpoints have been heard and discussed before reaching conclusions, offering guidance, or asserting own views.
- Prioritize workload and ensure that deadlines are successfully met; delegate or seek additional staff when necessary.
- Identify short- and long-term barriers to completing project plans and take corrective action to meet deliverable objectives.
- Manage multifaceted projects or assignments, such as projects that have several separate components, with minimal error and without missing important deliverables.
- Promote WWT safety guidelines.
- Drive teams to maintain a clean and organized (5S) warehouse operation.
- College Level Degree or Equivalent.
- Experience operating a Powered Industrial Truck (PIT), hand truck, pallet jack, and other warehouse equipment.
- 5-10 years of warehousing and experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of leadership experience required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
Some WWT customers have a COVID-19 vaccine requirement. In order to work on projects for these customers, employees must be fully vaccinated or have an appropriate religious or medical accommodation.
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com for more information.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently Abled.
Job Number: #22-2227
Posting Locations:Edwardsville, Illinois
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072