Posting ID: JP-002659441
Provides general human resources administrative support to include, composing correspondence, data entry, proofreading, maintaining files, processing forms, faxing, shredding documents, etc.
• Coordinates the development, production and dissemination of routine and special informational materials and services.
• Prepares packets for Board of Fire and Police (BOFPC) meetings to include, preparation of and updates of eligibility lists from test data, listings of candidates sent for polygraph examinations and background checks, and preparation of letters to candidates concerning their status.
• Manage contractor/vendor assignments; review and approve invoices and work orders.
• Assists with recruitment processes; posts open position on websites.
• Administers employee service awards program.
• Fax CDL random lists to Elmhurst Occupation Health and coordinate with departments to coordinate employee testing.
• Prepare disbursements for Finance Department to include, P-card expenses and monthly billing for employee benefits programs.
• Assist in scheduling, food ordering and set-up for training seminars, meetings and other activities.
• Uses standard office equipment, including a computer, in the course of the work; drives a motor vehicle to conduct work site inspections, attend off-site meetings, and conduct automotive services business.
Skills & Qualifications:
-2+ years of experience working as an admin or admin assistant in a clerical setting
-Experience/exposure to HR related tasks/handling confidential information for employees
-Must have experience with excel, outlook, and Microsoft Office (does not need to be an expert with Excel but proficient)
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Courtney Baltzer