Job Search & More
Posted Tuesday, July 11, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003896425
Manufacturing company looking for product development engineer
1. Utilizing Catia (3D) and AutoCAD(2D) to lay out designs for new orders coming in from outside customers, preparing the designs for the shop floor to be assembled/manufactured. (85% of Day) Designs are then printed out along with BOM for assembly and fab process to begin.
2. Working in support of the production employees when questions come up about the design and how it needs to be assembled or manufactured. Examples of questions may be design improvements or issues that are occurring that need to be fixed/redesigned. (15%)
The Product Engineer is responsible for processing sales orders and modifying existing designs to meet customer expectations. The Product Engineer works under the direction and reports to Product Engineering Manager.
The Product Engineer must possess, at minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent discipline. Knowledge of CATIA Smart Team or other 3-D modeling systems are also preferred. Basic drawing practices knowledge is a necessity. The Product Engineer should also possess a vast knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel, Word, and Outlook.
The Product Engineer will be responsible for building product models based off customer specifications. Providing detailed part prints and construction aids that are necessary for product construction will also be required. The Product Engineer is also responsible for communicating and managing professional relationships with Manufacturing, Inside Sales, and Purchasing Groups on a weekly basis.
There are also physical demands and work environment characteristics that must be met that include but are not limited to splitting work time between an office and manufacturing environment, exposure to shop noise, wearing PPE at all times when on the shop floor and being aware of the surroundings in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment.
Skills & Qualifications:
1. 3D Design Experience
- Candidate needs to be savvy in at least 1 type of 3D design tool, doesn't matter what specific software but some exposure to Catia or SolidWorks would be highly desired.
2. Manufacturing Knowledge
- Looking for a candidate who understands how products are manufactured/fabricated/assembled. The 3D designs that this team is putting together are going straight to the shop floor, candidates need to understand how their designs impact manufacturing and assembly. Knowledge of BOM's and how they work is important.
3. Education (Bachelor Preferred)
-Bachelors Degree in engineering field is highly desired and would most likely be required if the candidate wanted an opportunity to grow in to higher level roles internally. Would look at a candidate with associates of design that had practical experience.
2. Soft Skills - Proven track record of working independently to accomplish goals, self starter.
3. Familiarity with manufacturing environment
4. Hands-on aptitude
Recruiter: Shannon Dew