Posting ID: JP-002051455
This position is for a CNC Operator where the employee will be assigned to a cell where they will be responsible for working with the Set Up Machinist at times to get the machine properly running. Operators will load, unload parts, perform quality checks with micrometers and calipers. They will be exposed and trained to do set ups if they show the initiative.
They will be required to do First Piece Inspections and ensure that the dimensions are all set accurately so operators can run with the intentions of high and efficient production but also ensure all quality standards are met.
All of the machines that they are working on are Horizontal Milling Centers, they have mainly 5 Axis and 6 Axis and they are DMG and Mori Seiki H4000 all are 2014 and newer model years. Most of their run times are anywhere between 30 minutes and 1:10.
• Read and Interpret Blueprints, Work Orders, Engineering Drawings to determine proper specifications for machines
• Eventually Understanding and execution in using G and M Codes
• Working with different materials such as aluminum and ductile iron
• Experience with multi-axis machines, specifically 5 and 6 Axis would be a plus
• Utilize micrometers, calipers and other gauges to ensure the parts are within specification
• Entry level up to 5 years’ experience in CNC Machining, performing operating, they will be working with the Horizontal Milling Centers (Ideally Mori Seiki and DMG brands but open to others)
• Experience in setting up machines from start to finish, specifically in a more job shop function
• Understanding of G and M codes along with using Mastercam would be a plus, they will not be doing this in the beginning and for some time
• Ability and understanding in how to calculate RPM and making adjustments
CNC Machinist, CNC Mill, Blueprint, Set Up, Setup, Set-Up, Quality Control, Quality Inspection, Micrometer, Caliper, Fanuc, mills, 5 Axis, CNC Operator, CNC Lathe, Metal Cutting, Cutting, DMG, Mori Seiki, Haas, lathes, grinders, Mastercam, Build Tool, 6 Axis, Cnc Machine
Top Skills Details:
CNC Set Up
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
High School Diploma or Technical School preferred but not required.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072