Posting ID: JP-002178017
This analytical scientist will serve as a technical contributor in the Analytical group in Innovation and Commercial Development (ICD). The team is currently composed of a diverse group of experienced scientists with skills in chromatography, spectroscopy, materials science, microbiology, and chemical analysis.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- The analytical scientist will be engaged in planning and executing laboratory work to characterize ingredients, write up results, and communicate data with project managers and the Analytical Team.
- The successful candidate will act as a technical contributor on projects/experiments/research.
- They will demonstrate the ability to complete assignments where methods exist, being competent in reviewing internal and external scientific documents, developing hypotheses and working with a technical leader to plan and conduct experiments to confirm or disprove hypotheses.
- The Scientist will also be expected to engage with internal resources such as project managers, scientists and technical leaders to advance technical product development and to provide technical support to existing business in relevant areas.
- They will help develop solutions to problems that required the regular use of innovation and creativity in identifying and trying new and different approaches.
- Will work with a Research Scientist and provide analytical support for product development innovation (starches, sweeteners, fibers), will attend project meetings and have deadlines to complete various testing.
- Titrations, Karl Fisher, Fat extraction, composition, GC - gas chromatography, IC - Ion Chromatography, ICP-MS, Kjeldahl -combustion protein analyzer, organic extractions
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
-BS degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or other life science, with 0-2 years of industrial experience.
-An educational and work experience in wet chemistry techniques, characterizing small molecules or biomolecules such as carbohydrates, starches, fibers, or food ingredients and their matrices is desired. Most desirably, this experience will include demonstrated skills in quantitative and qualitative analyses of carbohydrates or other natural products.
-Experience one or more areas of measurement science from the following list is also desirable:
• Demonstrated experience in wet chemistry, organic chemistry, carbohydrate isolation and characterization, protein analysis, composition; or other biochemistry or analytical disciplines in which this experience has been gained.
• Manual titrations, including sample and solution preparations, Karl fisher, Dumas or Kjeldahl, ash, fat extraction, and colorimetric methods.
• Understanding of spectroscopy techniques such as UV-vis, NIR, and FTIR and/or Raman spectroscopy
• Understanding of chromatography separations, such as IC, or GC.
• Most desirably, the experience will include application of techniques on food ingredients and their corresponding matrices.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Margaret Hughes
Phone: (312) 601-2604