Desktop Support Technician
Posting ID: JP-002660432
Federal Signal has an immediate opening at its corporate headquarters in Oak Brook, IL for a Expert Desktop Support Technician serves as a single point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware, software and other assets to ensure optimal performance. The incumbent will be required to troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
• Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to hardware including the installation of CPUs, I/O and NIC cards, hard disks, ribbon cables, hard drives, RAM, memory chips, CD-ROMs, and so on.
• Collaborate with network technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the Company’s desktop computing environment. • Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user technology, networking or software products.
• Receive and respond to incoming calls and/or e-mails regarding desktop problems.
• Answer to and perform moves, adds, and change (MAC) requests as they are submitted by the service desk tool.
• Ensure that physical desktop connections, as well as wireless connectors between PCs and servers, etc., are in proper working order.
• Prepare tests and applications for monitoring desktop performance, provide performance statistics and reports.
• Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
• Develop and maintain an inventory of all defined assets.
• Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
• If necessary, liaise with third-party support and IT hardware vendors.
• Conduct research on desktop products in support of IT procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend products for purchase.
• Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future desktop hardware needs.
• Write technical specifications for purchase of PCs, desktop hardware and related products.
Office 365, Servicenow, Windows 10, Itil, Executive Support, Active directory, Desktop
Top Skills Details:
Office 365,Servicenow,Windows 10,Itil,Executive Support,Active directory,Desktop
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
This team needs someone who is strong technically and is a go-getter; Associate’s degree in computer science, Bachelor’s degree preferred • Five (5) years’ relevant work experience • ITIL certification and Microsoft Certification MCSE or MSDST highly preferred
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072