Tech Customer Service
Posting ID: JP-002178347
HIRING FOR FULLY REMOTE TECHNICAL CUSTOMER SERVICE ROLE
MUST BE LOCATED IN ILLINOIS
DAY TO DAY
-Answer inbound calls from clients/customers who just acquired their software and teach them the basics on how to use it
-Answering basic software questions
-Assist with a little troubleshooting
-They will be answering questions that the people at the repair shop has. This can range from "reset my password" to "my computer doesn't work"
- They do NOT need to know how to solve each problem before starting this job. They will be trained and if there are questions that they can't figure out, there are a lot of people in the company that can help them.
-Some of these people they are calling will be friendly, some lost, some agitated with the new change, some upset. They need to be able to handle the person that is calling and help provide a solution.
-They will be using different programs on the computer and will work with a dual monitor system.
troubleshooting, network connections, tech support, help desk, "best buy", "game works", "circuit city", geek squad, customer service, computers, call center, troubleshoot
Top Skills Details:
troubleshooting, network connections, tech support, help desk, "best buy", "game works", "circuit city", geek squad
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 1 year of Customer Service Experience
- Strong communication, Must be able to clearly communicate in English
- Basic understanding of computers: Windows, using internet, excel
- Ability to give direction clearly to people that are calling in. (They do NOT need to know how to solve each problem, but they do need to be able to communicate clearly and use their training to help solve problems).
- Familiar with basic installation and troubleshooting of Windows computer applications
- Able to explain a technical process in simple terms to a customer
- Customer Service experience (able to talk to customers on the phone and/or face to face)
- Comfortable navigating Windows environment
Best vs Avg
- Best candidates would have some tech experience in companies like: Best Buy, Circuit City, Game Works, target electronics etc
- Best candidates would have some experience working in a "Help Desk"
- Best candidates would have 2 years of experience helping customers over the phone
- Good candidates would be someone that doesn't have office experience but is knowledgeable of the software questions
- Good candidate is someone that went to school for computer tech. computer science, or any other technical experience
We shadowed what they are going to be working with and it's common for these reps to have 5 - 10 windows open for different programs
They will be making an average of 25 calls per day. Some calls can be as short as 5 minutes and some can be as long as 30 minutes.
-Looking for troubleshooting skills but need strong phone customer service skills
-Attendance and punctuality are major priority because if they are missing one person in the center, call volume per rep can increase depending on the day
Recruiter: Jennifer Rowe