Sr. Systems Administration
Posting ID: JP-002659414
Full-time Internal Opportunity!!
Job Description: This person will join the NIS existing team(6-8 people) and help the team out to catch up on tasks in the back log that are stuck in the Queue as well as help prepare for large risk and security, and data focused projects that are lined up for the future once the team is caught up.
**This person must be comfortable with doing basic Level 1 support, comfortable communicating with all levels of executive leadership and ground level in house departments.
- Multi-platform experience in Windows, Linux and SQL scripting.
-Nice to have, Light development experience -any object oriented programing (not a deal breaker, will help candidates stand out --college experience)
Job responsibilities of the NIS team that this person will need to observe and learn
- Basic user support / trouble shooting of both hardware and software issues
- User account management,
- System backups
- Patch management (for both Windows and Linux).
- Responding to tickets (via JIRA ticketing system as well as some direct phone calls)
- Active Directory (Managing users, security groups, user permissions via LDAP, single sign on
- Responding to tickets directly with end users. This could be over the phone or hands on.
-SQL scripting and Database admin tasks
- Linux Red Hat preferred
Non Technical Skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to listen, define, write, explain and interpret ideas and policies
- Must be self-directed and effective working independently, yet comfortable contributing in a team environment
- Communicates effectively, verbally and in writing, using a variety of communication methods to build productive relationships
-Personality is most important to this team -Being confidence in your experience, and working collaboratively will be important. -They want a team player, okay doing what is needed to get the job done.
Linux Server, Windows 7 & 10, Linux Server 2012, SQL scripting, Active Directory, saas, server administrator, office 365, regulation of the securities, management skills
Top Skills Details:
Linux Server, Windows 7 & 10, Linux Server 2012, SQL scripting, Active Directory
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to work in a team environment - Ability to listen, define, write, explain and interpret ideas and policies - Must be self-directed and effective working independently, yet comfortable contributing in a team environment
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072