Mechanical Design Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002659540
- Design machines and/or sections of machines including designing mechanical assemblies, sub-assemblies and piece parts.
- Develop detail drawings, conceptual design layouts and BOM
- Performs engineering calculations to validate design decisions
- Selects and/or specifies purchased parts to be used in the manufacture of the machine
- Prepares and distributes drawing packages, Bills of Material and other information required for the manufacture and assembly of machinery
- Utilizes ERP system to input required data and information
- Support production to resolve any issues with design or application
- Ensure all designs meet scope, schedule and budget and all safety and regulatory standards
- Support machine debug and iterative development
- Interface with customers to refine customized mechanical concepts to meet customer specifications
- Participates in customer meetings to discuss technical issues
- Monitors and reports on progress to ensure scope, budget and timelines are met.
- Provides technical support and assistance to other departments as required.
- Role will be approx. 80% in office doing design work and 20% on the manufacturing floor
- 4+ years of mechanical design experience designing automated machinery
- Proficient in Solidworks design or equivalent 3D CAD package
- Full automated machinery design experience or at least machine component design
- Large capital equipment design – packaging or conveyor systems would be ideal
- ERP system experience would be a plus
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering, preferred
*Entry-level candidates will not be considered for this role*
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072