Posted Monday, May 15, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003775882
Licensed Surveyor Project Manager - Fully Remote - Indianapolis, IN
We are actively hiring for a Licensed Surveyor Project Manager to support workload in Indianapolis, IN! This person will have the ability to work 100% remote while directly supporting the Vice President of Construction Services on Survey projects. This person will primarily manage Survey Services for General Contractors and Civil Engineering firms that specialize in Land Development, with 50% of the surveys being Topo, ALTA, Boundary, and As-Builts, and 50% of the surveys being Construction Layouts. The Licensed Surveying and Project Management responsibilities for this role are 100% office-based, so this person will not be required to conduct Field Work. Travel to Indiana will required 1 day per month, or on an as-needed basis. This is a great opportunity for someone to maintain a consistently stable workload while working remotely!
- Plan, organize, and lead the daily survey activities to complete client project tasks.
- Identify and manage priorities of assigned staff to meet client, team and corporate goals.
- Schedule and assign field crew work daily, and coordinate the work of subcontractors as-needed.
- Serve as client's primary point of contact for survey activities on projects, including conflict resolution.
- Maintain positive communications between clients, internal/external departments, team groups, and/or governing bodies.
- Assist Team Lead or Director with initial client meetings for new project proposals and new project kickoffs. Ensure a clear understanding of the complete project to effectively contribute to the preparation of proposals/contracts and to facilitate the accurate completion of assigned tasks.
- Assist Team Lead in preparing proposals for clients, including: clear and complete scope of work; pricing; time schedule; and resource requirements.
- Review and approve the following:
- Technical approach to project tasks
- Intermediate & finished work product to ensure that they meet objectives of client while adhering to local, state, and federal laws
- Compliance with company procedures and quality assurance/control standards
- Coordinate with applicable government agencies and attend relevant meetings to assure client projects comply with regulations and receive approval.
- Assure that all internal paperwork (i.e.: project proposals, contracts, project budget reviews, timecard submittals, invoicing, project startup, closeouts) follow company policy, standards, and deadlines.
- Participate in the establishment and implementation of staff training and professional development programs. Function as a mentor to assigned staff.
- Professional Licensed Surveyor - Must be currently licensed in the state of Indiana, or have the ability to get their license in Indiana via reciprocity within 3 months of hire date. We can assist with reciprocity process, but candidate must be eligible.
- 1+ years of Survey Project Management experience
- Ability to handle multiple Survey Projects and Tasks simultaneously
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Preferred but Not Required - Ability to work within AutoCAD Civil 3D Design Software
- Preferred but Not Required - Experience Applying Financial Data to Project Management; Thinking and Planning Strategically; Building, Organizing, and Leading Teams; and Utilizing Strong Understanding of Project Management Skills
- The target compensation range is $100,000/year to $130,000/year, depending on candidate experience. Candidates who are able to make immediate impacts as Senior Project Managers may qualify for higher compensation above $130,000/year.
- While working through Actalent, candidates will receive 1.5x for overtime hours worked after 40 in a week. After this initial period, candidates will be paid salary with straight-time paid for overtime hours after 40 in a week.
- This person will also be provided computer equipment, work phone, and other work related items for this person's home office.
We are actively interviewing for this role - Apply today to learn more!
Recruiter: Sarah Page
Phone: (317) 567-6623