Construction Materials Testing Technician
Posted Monday, May 15, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003775987
Construction Material Testers - Kokomo, IN
We are supporting a $2.5 billion joint-venture Battery Manufacturing Plant Construction project in Kokomo, IN, and are actively hiring Construction Materials Testing Technicians to support the environmental workload! This project is projected to be in construction through 2024, but this person can expect additional geotechnical and environmental workload in the area afterwards. This team primarily supports commercial and industrial projects, and this person will work 100% onsite to facilitate Construction Materials Testing and Placement of Construction Materials throughout projects.
This is a prominent project that is being conducted to support the increase in Electrical Vehicle demands, as the Battery Plant will directly support the E.V. industry. this plant will create 1,400 additional jobs for the Kokomo area, and is the 1st of its kind in the United States. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with minimal experience to gain notable industrial experience and maintain a consistent workload as they continue to build their career.
- Field observation and testing during placement of construction materials including soil, concrete, asphalt, and masonry.
- Soil and concrete sampling for lab testing.
- Facilitating contractor relationships.
- Assisting another junior-level technician on site, and training in all aspects of the job.
- Letter writing, reporting, and reviewing contractor documents and reports from technicians.
- Minimum of 6+ Months of Experience with Running Testing and Sampling of either Soil, Concrete, or Foundation
- Willing and Able to Work Outdoors in all Elements while Lifting up to 50-75 Pounds on Occasion
- Ability to Work Onsite during Scheduled Construction Hours, including:
- Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 5pm or later
- Average 10-12 Hours per Day
- Saturday Work As-Needed
- Preferred but Not Required - ACI Certifications or INDOT Testing Experience
- Target Pay is between $18-24/hour Depending on Previous Testing Experience
- Candidates Must be Able to Provide their own Steel-Toed Boots
- This is a well-known project that is a prominent opportunity for all companies involved. Work ethic and presentation onsite will matter.
- This is a long-term opportunity, and we are conducting interviews this week!
Recruiter: Sarah Page
Phone: (317) 567-6623