Medical Billing Specialist
Posting ID: JP-002664340
We are hiring for 4 Medical Billing Specialist for a company located in Evansville, IN! This position pays between $16-$18/hour based on experience, first shift Monday - Friday with some overtime and does require someone to work 100% onsite/in-office. Covid vaccine is not required, however if someone is not vaccinated, they must take a weekly test.
- Collects patient documentation and charts for claim submission. (uses EPIC and IDX)
- Updates and maintains patient billing data and ensures documents are current.
- Contacts clinical staff for clarification on procedures or diagnosis and on missing information.
- Enters and process charges
- -ompletes data entry of the charges into Practice Management System.
- Completes review of interface transactions and resolution of TES edits.
- Adheres to confidentiality, state, federal, and HIPAA laws and guidelines with regards to patient’s records and collections.
- Other duties as requested or assigned. May perform payment responsibilities.
- 1-3 years healthcare/medical experience and have claims and/or billing experience (will also take patient care techs or pharm techs).
- Insurance knowledge.
- High School Diploma or GED minimum.
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Joshua Atkins