Job Search & More
Posted Monday, July 10, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003893953
Mechanical Engineering Job Opportunity - Fort Wayne, Indiana
- The chosen candidates will be supporting the launch of a new product line for a globally diverse powerhouse in cable and wire technology.
- This engineer will be working as a manufacturing engineer as part of the CAPEX (capital equipment and expenditures) team.
- This individual will be working to help support the manufacturing/process engineers with the development of any new equipment, processes, tooling, etc. that is needed to launch the new product line.
- They will also need to work in conjunction to the product development team to understand the equipment/tooling that will be needed to manufacture product.
- In addition to CAD responsibilities, this individual will manage their projects which will include working with outside resources for the commissioning of equipment as well as contract services for the installation of equipment.
- Will need to ensure with their suppliers that equipment, machines, or tooling is being built according to design and specifications.
- Additional project management responsibilities include managing timelines, budgets, and gathering quotes from vendors.
- In addition to new equipment and tooling design they may also help with the setup/installation of equipment/tooling and the initial runoff of product to help ensure all equipment fixtures and tooling is working correctly.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree within Engineering
- 5 years of experience as a mechanical engineer/manufacturing engineer
- Need to be proficient and 2D and 3D CAD (they use SolidWorks)
- Experience with design of equipment, tooling, fixtures
- Experience with project management
- Hands on experience and knowledgeable of manufacturing (not just product development/design experience) is a plus requirement
- Prior experience with equipment commissioning, installation, and run-off preferred
Recruiter: Jacob Ferguson