Posting ID: JP-002658828
A Leading Provider in the world of specialty chemicals is looking to add a Lab Technician to their team in Indianapolis, IN.
This Lab Technician will be reporting to the Quality Control Analytical Laboratory Manager, and the incumbent in this position will be responsible for analytical testing in support of chemical manufacturing at the Indianapolis plate site.
As a Lab Technician, this candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Perform testing on finished goods samples, in-process samples, wastewater samples, solid waste, and other miscellaneous samples in support on the Indianapolis manufacturing Operations.
• Analysis of samples including receiving samples and identifying the appropriate test to be performed
• Comfortable analyzing samples using various instruments and wet chemical analysis techniques as detailed in approved and validated test methods.
• Perform routine maintenance on lab equipment and checking/ordering of lab supplies.
• Properly report evaluation and reporting of analytical results in a reasonable amount of time is an integral part of the sample analysis process.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
1) Bachelors degree in a life science or Associates degree in life science with 2+ years of industry experience
2) Strong communication, computer, and critical thinking skills
3) Ability to work independently & with a team, while maintaining quality in a fast-paced environment
1) Chemistry degree or minor is preferred
2) Bachelors degree candidates with any industry lab experience
3) Strong understanding of and hands on experience working with GC/HPLC
The schedule this candidate will work is a 2-2-3 rotation. Night shift option is 5pm-5am (flexible with around 30 minutes potentially). They will be working on 1st shift for several months while training and that will be a simple Monday-Friday 8-5. Candidates must be able to work on OT/weekends if the business needs come up, but on average candidates can expect 45 hours weekly.
If you're interested in this role- apply today! Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with times you'd be available to chat via phone. We are actively interviewing and recruiting for this role?
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072