Job Search & More
Traveling Field Chemist
Posted Thursday, July 13, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003901225
Actalent is actively hiring for an awesome field role with a growing family owned environmental company!
We are working with a privately-held, family-owned business headquartered in Indianapolis with more than 1,600 employees across North America. The provide companies all throughout the US with environmental, waste, safety, and sustainability resources.
This Field Chemist role will be day shift Monday-Friday traveling around Indianapolis and Indiana to their clients. You will gather various chemicals, materials, and waste, categorize, document, and prepare client materials for your transport back to the main plant. Also assist with any hazardous waste clean up, disposal, or other environmental issues.
• Ensures Health & Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
• Assist in the segregation of chemicals by hazard class.
• Assist in chemical waste collection or clean up, and assess any hazardous waste or environmental issues.
• Packing compatible materials in appropriate containers and preparing for transportation.
• Completes necessary paperwork and documentation per job.
• Completes categorization of chemicals and performs lab pack services.
• Assists in characterizing materials at client site.
• Follows proper placarding and load segregation requirements for hazardous materials.
• Develop good client relations by effectively communicating with various departments/leaders.
• Introductory knowledge of high hazard materials management /assessment and cylinder handling.
1) Bachelors Degree in science
2) Effective communication skills, as this is a client facing role
3) Desire to work in environmental industry
4) Must be able to lift 50+ lbs
We are ACTIVELY INTERVIEWING this week and would love to talk to qualified candidates ASAP! Please apply today or reach out to me directly for more information at ebeam @ actalentservices.com.