AUTOMATED KIT PRODUCTION
Posting ID: JP-002351565
The Automated KIT Production department builds kits for clinical trails research, sample collection, covid testing, and other human sample collection. In automation, Kit builders will train in the "Pick cell" for 2-3 weeks before entering the "quarters" rotation. The rotation includes pick cell, popular pick, line pick, kit assembly, and more. The goal of the automation department is to ensure new hires are trained on the most simple job (pick cell) before entering the full automation area and cross training.
The "Kit Cell" is a standing job, meaning that for the 1st 2-3 weeks, hires will have to stand for 12 hour shifts. They will stand in their own individual space with a computer screen and about 200 small bins surrounding them. The computer will tell them the order, there will be a red light that illuminates the location of the bin, and the builder will pick that item and pack into the box. When the box is complete, they will CAREFULLY label the box in the correct area, and put it onto a rolling conveyor that brings the box to shipping. These cells may not have an automated conveyer at times, and finishes kits will be placed in a box/area to be picked up by a shipping person. It is very stationary and repetitive job. Candidates often say this is "boring", but need to show they can master both the quality and pace of the pick cell before moving to some of the sitting or more detailed areas.
Popular Pick is a standing job, but has a rotating "wall" of bins that spin based on the next order that is needed to be packed. Kit Builders will stand at a station and the computer will spin the wall to bring the correct bin right to the person. They will then pick and build the order.
On the mezzanine, there are jobs that are sitting near the labeling line packing instruction manuals, there are jobs sitting in a cubicle like chair building small batch custom orders by hand.
Kit builders (once trained and they enter the quarter rotation) will move from job to job every 3 hours. That means that they will stay in automation for the entire time, but have 4 different jobs. There will be times they stand for 6 hours in a shift, some days 9. Some days they may SIT for 9 hours. It is all a big rotation, so they need to be able to stand for up to 12 hours, but that will NOT be every day.
Overall - this job is EXTREMELY SIMPLE. Candidates need to be ready to stand, and have good attention to detail. They are allowed to wear headphones in the pick cells only, and the goal down the road is for every single person to be cross trained on the 5-6 jobs across the automation department. That is down the road though.
Essential Job Duties:
Level 1 Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
Popular Pick / Deep Catalog Responsibilities
• Must be able to access Exacta database.
• Maintain visual alertness of bin lights to select correct parts.
• Follow computerized instructions on number of parts to select.
• Continually checking the computer screens for acceptance of scans and potential no reads.
• Address routine issues that arise with printers and ribbons on printing devices.
• Problem solving when system issues arise.
• Accountable for checking expiration and lot information on any items pulled against what is loaded in the data base.
• Ability to access Exacta data base.
• Verifies completeness of order by scanning in totes.
• Identify completeness of order by scanning in totes.
• Retrieve bulk items from locations.
• Maintain pack stations printers knowledge of how to load ribbon and labels.
• Knowledge on how to address routine issues that may arise with equipment.
• Knowledge of how to access computer screens to check correctness of supplies.
Pick Kit Assembly
• Ability to access Exacta data base and print out information needed.
• Knowledge of kit design and box size codes.
• Accountability for accurately reading finishing instructions and manually assembling kits from loaded instructions.
• Acknowledgement of kits in the PKA area, check in and check out.
• Must adhere to all company training, company policies, procedures and perform all departmental and interdepartmental SOP’s as written.
• Generate an appropriate audit trail of all activities and maintains own training file and required documentation.
• Attention to detail.
• Maintain high productivity standards and quality standards. Alert management of any potential quality issues.
• Ensure work areas are kept clean and all safety measures are being followed.
• High volume and high production environment.
• Repetitive motion via labeling tubes and using computer terminal.
• Must be able to stand long periods of time.
assembly, labeling, inventory, kit production, Production, Packaging, Packing, Assembly, Inspection, Picking, Kitting, Inventory stock, Production environment, Computer skills, Warehouse environment, Warehouse inventory, Rf scan gun, General production, Warehouse packing
Top Skills Details:
assembly, labeling, inventory, kit production
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
1. Ability to stand on feet for 12 hour shift. They will need this during training. Eventually, they can expect to stand for 6-9 hours/shift
2. Experience working in a fast paced environment, preferred on their feet.
3. MUST wear mask for entire shift, except in CELL area where social distancing is possible.
4. Warehouse/Picking/Assembly is preferred, but NOT required.
1. Inability to stand for FULL 12 hour shift
This job is all about GSI. Are you ready to work a repetitive and some would say boring job that is the same every single day? While standing all day?
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Andrew Westfall