Posting ID: JP-002659485
Candidate must be able to obtain a security clearance. COVID Policy (Per company requirements on 10/7): Prospective and/or new contingent workers will be required to adhere with the company's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of engagement
This company is a government contractor with an office in Indianapolis that consist of 150 employees. Due to an increase in new products being produced in 2022, they have a need for a technical writer that will help support both new and existing manuals.
• This position will support technical data development/update/conversion using PTC ArborText and/or Raytheon EAGLE Publishing System (EPS) using MIL-STD-3001/S1000D specifications primarily for Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) customers.
• Writing, editing and developing technical manuals for various NAVAIR weapon systems and related support Equipment (SE) covering maintenance, operation, repair, theory of operation and troubleshooting, and Illustrated Parts Breakdown (IPB) in accordance with military content/format specifications.
• Author, prepare, review, revise, and develop technical publication data in accordance with MIL-STD-3001/S1000D from source data such as existing PDFs, Logistics Product Data, Engineering Drawings, and Maintenance Plans for equipment operation and all levels of maintenance including Organizational, Intermediate, and Depot.
• Assist /Create/Update NAVAIR MIL-STD-3001/S1000D XML documentation with complete understanding of XML tags and how to apply to text.
• Gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to document new or changing product functionality
• Coordinate content creation across multiple documents continuously with competing deadlines.
• Perform quality reviews and peer reviews across technical and non-technical documents.
• Evaluate document quality based on accuracy, substance, and quality of written content.
• Create narrative content using "SME interviews" to author and validate with technical system engineers, architects, and other SMEs.
• Create agendas, meeting minutes, initial technical publication outlines, and incrementally create, validate, update, and review document content.
• Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline and 7+ years of technical documentation experience.
• Team oriented, self-starter, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products and desktop publishing software.
• Able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
• Assist /Create/Update MIL-STD-40051-1 Class 5 Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM) utilizing Interactive Authoring and Display System (IADS).
• Recent knowledge of and experience with Naval Air Technical Data and Engineering Service Command documentation standards and procedures.
• Current knowledge of and experience with Naval & Marine Corps aircraft systems.
• Advanced knowledge and ability to work with MS Windows and MS Office Suite and must be proficient with in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Experience providing services to the NAVAIR is preferred.
• Training and experience using structured authoring suites of software (PTC ArborText, Raytheon EAGLE/EPS, etc.) for MIL-STD-3001/S1000D technical data development required.
• Training and experience of technical data development and sustainment particularly as it relates to MIL-STD-3001/S1000D specifications required.
• Training and experience creating Adobe FrameMaker Structured documents
• Excellent writing and analytical skills
• Ability to take initiative and ownership of tasks/projects/writing projects
• Superior attention to detail and excellent customer service
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Capable to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal oversight and direction.
• Must be comfortable interacting with engineers, management, and end-users of varying experience levels.
• MS Office Suite (MS Word and Excel particularly)
• Adobe® Acrobat Professional
• Adobe FrameMaker
• PTC Arbortext or other structured authoring suites such as Raytheon EAGLE/EPS, etc…
Microsoft, DOD, Department of Defense, Technical Writing, Technical Data Development, Data Sustainment, adobe framemaker, NAVAir, ptc arbortext, Raytheon EAGLE, Raytheon EPS
Top Skills Details:
Microsoft,DOD,Department of Defense,Technical Writing,Technical Data Development,Data Sustainment,adobe framemaker
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
1. Technical Writing Experience- 5+ years of total experience
2. Bachelors Degree- Flexible on type
3. Microsoft Office Products
4. Technical Products from their Tech Writing Experience
1. XML (Ability to make single edit that works for entire document)
2. MIL-STD-40051- Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072