KIT Production Associate
Posting ID: JP-002351279
The Manual KIT Production (KP) department of Covance builds kits for clinical trails research. Nearly all of the manual kit area is sitting at an individual station and building kits by hand. Builders will have a computer to track orders and pace, materials to pull from, a work station/table, and a box to put finished kits into. They will work individually, but in pretty close quarters to build product one by one. This job is very repetitive and tedious.
Starting in SEPT 2021, the manual KP area is going to begin merging with the automated kit area. This means that manual folks will no longer be able to sit for the entire day and will be expected to be cross trained (eventually) in popular pick, pick cells, kit assembly, and more. The KP operation is moving to become ONE UNIT.
B. Essential Job Duties:
Level 1 Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
Popular Pick / Deep Catalog Responsibilities
• Must be able to access Exacta database.
• Maintain visual alertness of bin lights to select correct parts.
• Follow computerized instructions on number of parts to select.
• Continually checking the computer screens for acceptance of scans and potential no reads.
• Address routine issues that arise with printers and ribbons on printing devices.
• Problem solving when system issues arise.
• Accountable for checking expiration and lot information on any items pulled against what is loaded in the data base.
• Ability to access Exacta data base.
• Verifies completeness of order by scanning in totes.
• Identify completeness of order by scanning in totes.
• Identify if order contains Hazmat items.
• Retrieve bulk items from locations.
• Maintain pack stations printers knowledge of how to load ribbon and labels.
• Knowledge on how to address routine issues that may arise with equipment.
• Visual alertness to acceptance of scans and potential errors.
• Knowledge of all proper shipping material boxes and foams.
• Knowledge of how to access computer screens to check correctness of supplies.
• Ability to lift heavy boxes and totes with supplies.
• Ability to operate pallet jacks and move skids of supplies.
• Identification of cleared totes after packaging.
Pick Kit Assembly
• Ability to access Exacta data base and print out information needed.
• Knowledge of kit design and box size codes.
• Accountability for accurately reading finishing instructions and manually assembling kits from loaded instructions.
• Acknowledgement of kits in the PKA area, check in and check out.
• Problem solving when system issues arise.
• Ability to identify priority work and process it by using data base screens.
• Must adhere to all company training, company policies, procedures and perform all departmental and interdepartmental SOP’s as written.
• Generate an appropriate audit trail of all activities and maintains own training file and required documentation.
• Attention to detail.
• Maintain high productivity standards and quality standards. Alert management of any potential quality issues.
• Ensure work areas are kept clean and all safety measures are being followed.
• High volume and high production environment.
• Repetitive motion via labeling tubes and using computer terminal.
• Must be able to stand long periods of time.
- This is where all of our project temps are going on the 8am-4pm shift + Jennifer's 6a-6p. The set up here looks like an office, where builders are sitting at a desk and hand building the kit including labeling, packaging, and inserting paperwork. They can have headphones in, but CANNOT be caught watching movies.
Text Star Shomongo to apply: 317-759-1407
assembly, labeling, inventory, kit production, Production, Packaging, Packing, Assembly, Inspection
Top Skills Details:
assembly, labeling, inventory, kit production
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
1. Ability to stand on feet for 12 hour shift, because there may be days where this is required (very rare).
2. Experience working in a fast paced environment with responsibility for quality and pace.
3. MUST wear mask for entire shift, except in CELL area where social distancing is possible. This is due to mayors order for Marian county.
1. Inability to stand for FULL 12 hour shift
This job is all about GSI. Are you ready to work a repetitive and some would say boring job that is the same every single day? While standing all day?
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Star Shomongo