Posting ID: JP-002659202
There are 2 stations/jobs within Sample Processing that this person will be trained on and responsible for once on nigh shift; bottle prep and sample processing. There will be instances when they will be asked to do task outside of these two duties. They will also be asked to assist other departments when needed, help stock/prep other stations for the day shift, or other various task that come up when needed.
1. Bottle Labeling: This is the most basic task in the department but very important. Candidates will take empty bottles and pre-printed labels, placing a label on each bottle. The bottles will then be packaged and sent out to clients for sample collection. Quality is important in this role, as the bottles need to be labeled and packaged correctly to specific clients. Some clients will need 2-3 bottles with labels, other clients could need 30-50 bottles packaged together for sample collection. If this is done inaccurately, the client will not be able to ship their samples back to Pace to hit necessary deadlines.
2. Sample Processing: Candidates will be receiving the coolers, full of samples back from the clients in this role. They will unpack the coolers, take the samples out, check the temperatures of each sample, document that the sample has arrived, its temperature, and how much was sent back, along with some client information. These coolers can be full of 50-60 samples or it could be a small cooler with one sample. Once the sample is processed and the documentation has been completed, they will take the sample into the walk-in refrigerator for storage until it is ready to be tested.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
1) HS Diploma
2) 1 year or more of experience in related field (sample management, regulated warehouse, laboratory, etc)
3) Strong attention to detail
4) Ability to stand all day and work with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
5) Ability to communicate with internal team and clients
Nice to Have:
- Sample processing experience (places like Covance, Biostorage/Brooks, Roche, Eli Lily)
Schedule: Wed-Fri 10am-730pm and saturday 7am-530pm
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072