Healthcare Claims Examiner
Posting ID: JP-002661245
Currently hiring for 1 Healthcare Claims Examiner for a company located here in Indianapolis! This position only requires someone to go onsite for the first week and then will be 100% remote (unless there are performance issues), pays $19-$24/hour (based on experience) and is a first shift, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm.
*MUST HAVE manual claims processing experience*
- Determines covered insurance losses by studying provisions of policy or certificate.
- Establishes proof of loss by studying proof of claim; assembling additional information as required from outside sources, including claimant, physician, employer, hospital, and other insurance companies; initiating or conducting investigation of questionable claims.
- Documents medical claims actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Resolves claims by approving or denying documentation; calculating benefit due; initiating payment or composing denial letter.
- Ensures legal compliance by following company policies, procedures, guidelines, as well as state and federal insurance regulations.
- Maintains quality customer services by following core values.
- Medical claim processing experience (not automated).
- Knowledge of coding (do not have to be certified).
- Able to work remotely (own internet and work space).
- Good job tenure ( no more than 3 jobs in 5 years).
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Joshua Atkins