QA/QC Lab Technician - 3rd Shift
Posting ID: JP-002660560
• Performs functions to complete all fingerprint and sales sample analysis according to EPA, RCRA and waste analysis plan approved methods in the laboratory. Operates instrumentation independently. Calculates, runs, prepares and reports analytical data. Works with Plant Manager, CSR's, and TSR's to ensure proper testing of product code analysis is completed.
As a QA/QC Lab Technician candidates will be responsible for the following:
• Samples all incoming bulk waste streams per Waste Analysis Plan
• Prepares, composites and logs in samples per Waste Analysis Plan
• Performs required chemical analysis per Waste Analysis Plan
• Performs pre-approval sample analysis
• Performs bench analysis for in house processing
• Performs analysis on discharge effluent to ensure compliance with CWT standards
• Reviews and compares fingerprint and pre-approval sample analysis, and subsequently reports off-spec's to supervision
• Answer 24 Hour Emergency Hotline. Use computer to look-up information and assist callers
• Responsible for collecting daily plant discharge samples and monitoring automatic sampling systems
• Prepare reagent standards and checks calibration curves for all analytical instrumentation
• Monitors lab instrumentation for malfunction or incompatibility with samples
• Troubleshoots and preforms maintenance on all lab instrumentation
• Monitors lab equipment and chemical supply inventory and places purchase requests with QAQC supervisor
• Maintains proper logs based on company policies and procedures
• Coordinates the retention and disposal of lab samples and lab waste per company policy
Instrumentation includes but is not limited too:
• ICP-OES, 3 GCs, AA, TCLP, pH Test, Viscosity, Centrifuges, etc.
1) B.A. or B.S. in a Life Science
2) Strong computer, mathematical, and communication skills
1) Industry lab experience (i.e. not in school)
2) Instrumentation knowledge of GC, ICP-OES, AA, etc
3) Any experience in the environmental industry or desire to work in it long-term
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072