Job thumbnail

Designer

Actalent

10/18/2021

Posting ID: JP-002401559

Pin drop icon
Indianapolis, Indiana
Full Time
Share:Facebook iconTwitter iconLinkedin icon

Designer

A multidisciplinary engineering firm in Indianapolis, IN is looking to add a Designer to their team. They have just won a large project with Duke Enginery, and are needing to add new designers to assist with these projects. This position is entry level and would provide training, and would offer a fun and collaborative team environment.

Job Responsibilities:

-Apply company/client policies and procedures for the development of site designs for overhead and underground electrical distribution facilities including reconductoring, conversions, cable replacement, customer and reliability jobs.

-Complete site visits inclusive of field notes, visual inspection, equipment inventory, measurements and field conditions utilizing electronic tools.

-Prepares site drawings and construction sketches

manner that maximizes safety and service reliability utilizing client standards.

-Prepares project or job packages in Expert Designer and BOUD including

material estimates and material requisitions of the materials required for the prepared distribution electrical designs.

-Properly apply company/client standards for each project design ensuring a safe and cost effective design and installation.

-Maintain accurate records and files and update the appropriate company/client GIS systems.

-Develops relationships with internal and external customers, builders, developers, electricians, other utilities, and city officials as needed in the execution of job responsibilities.

-Supports both company and client's business goals and expectation while representing themselves positively and professionally.

Must have:

-Basic understanding of drafting/design software (AutoCAD)

-Critical thinking skills

-Ability to work in a team-based environment

-Desire to work with the utilities

Nice to have:

-Engineering or Engineering Technology Degree

Miscellaneous:

-This position would have a split of about 40-60% field work, while the other 60-40% would consist of office work. For the field visits, you would have a partner to go along with you, especially during the training. Additionally, they have company cars on site that you would be able to drive for the field visits.

-This is a contract to hire opportunity

-This is a great entry level opportunity that would be a great way to get your foot in the door with a multidisciplinary engineering firm. Because of this, there are many different directions you can grow your career with this company after starting out in their utility industry. Some other industries they work in include transportation, environmental, construction management, and communications infrastructure.

About Actalent:

Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.

The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.

Contact Information

Recruiter: Jean Chambers

Phone: (410) 579-3072

Email: jchambers@careercircle.com

Related Courses

Blog