Job Search & More
Product Development Engineer
Posted Friday, July 7, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003890189
- This specific Product Development Engineering opportunity is with the largest designer, developer, manufacturer, and distributor of medium-and heavy-duty fully automatic transmissions and hybrid propulsion systems in the world. The group we’re supporting is the Defense Engineering team, which provides support for Transmissions for Track (Non-Tire) vehicles such as tanks. The defense engineering team is broken into 4 groups: Current Products, Emerging Products, Advanced Products, and Customer Integration Engineering.
- The current products group supports the current products on the manufacturing line and changes to that product. The emerging products is tied to new products they’ve been working through. Advanced Products is for specialized products. Customer integration is focus on integrating these specific transmissions into new vehicles.
- Candidates in these four groups will have responsibilities for transmission component and sub-system design, development, validation, release, and production support. Project scope will be jointly developed with department supervisors and tracked in accordance with key metrics and milestones. Throughout the process, collaboration with internal and external customers and suppliers will be essential.
- This team is responsible for gears, shafts, bearings, case housing, torque converters, clutches, etc. Specifically geared towards the Powertrain.
- Lead the design, analysis, and validation of product engineering components and sub-systems
- Create and execute plans for pre-production product build activities
- Plan and administer engineering projects with other departments, customers and suppliers
- Diagnose validation findings and develop response plans
- Guide the release of components for prototype and production products
- Provide technical direction to support personnel
- Prepare technical data such as qualification test procedures, acceptance test procedures, technical reports, component maintenance manuals, etc.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Must Haves Requirements Below
1. Bachelors in Engineering
2. Powertrain/Transmission Component Experience-Product development of components within the powertrain and transmission.
3. 3+ years of relevant industry experience in product engineering
4. Strong mechanical aptitude
Recruiter: Jacob Ferguson