Material Handler Forklift
Posting ID: JP-002256239
Labcorp is looking for warehouse associates to assist with basic warehouse duties. Labcorp is overfilling with COVID testing kits, which means the warehouse is the busiest it has ever been.
A typical day after reporting in for work would be:
1. Check reports to see where in the warehouse we have "0 balance". This would mean there is an empty pallet on the warehouse rack that needs to be removed. Candidates will go remove those pallets, clean them, and stack them in the warehouse.
2. When the first freight shipment comes to the dock, you will unload the freight, move to the unloading area, and use the printed labels to label the boxes. Warehouse folks will have to make sure that the right label goes on the right box.
3. Once labeled, they will then determine what location the boxes go (lab, warehouse for racking, etc). They could be the person that uses the pallet jack to bring product to the lab or KP. They could use the pallet jack to pack product onto the warehouse shelves if needed.
4. At the end of the day, it is similar to the beginning. Putting away product or cleaning off racks of empty pallets.
Every day is FAR from the same, so this could be there day, but overall it is any and all warehouse and material moving duties that are needed in the plant that day.
Here are the advanced duties that an FTE (and a trained temp) would do:
1. Performs warehouse picks for both batch and transfer orders.
2. Provides data entry for all received items into the Purchase Order software systems.
3. Communicates all problematic deliveries to the vendor, shipper or appropriate buyer, depending on the problem’s scope.
4. Notify the appropriate buyer and/or vendor of all received product compliance failures.
5. Provides all daily receiving paperwork and daily reports to Accounts Payable.
6. Assists Accounts Payable with any Invoice/Receiving verification through resolution.
7. Performs all cycle counts per departmental schedule.
8. Monitors and removes expired items and notifies appropriate personnel for replacements. Maintains and generates all month-end expired item reports for Warehouse items.
9. Assists all internal customers with help in answering any questions pertaining to Warehouse stock items.
10. Assists with training of all new Warehouse Staff.
11. Ensures complete Warehouse coverage.
12. Observe Universal Precautions Procedures when applicable.
13. Other duties as assigned by Management.
pallet jack, general labor, material handling, pick, rf scanner, shipping & receiving, Forklift, Packaging, Packing, Cherry picker, Production, Inventory, Heavy lifting, Picking
Top Skills Details:
pallet jack,general labor,material handling,pick,rf scanner,shipping & receiving
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
1. Safety Shoes
2. Sit Down Forklift Experience
3. Pallet Jack Experience
4. HS Diploma required
5. Ability to lift 50 lbs
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072