Now Hiring! | Environmental/Construction Clean Up Worker | $18/hr + Weekly Pay
Posting ID: JP-002353450
Candidates will meet at the shop or in the field based off what is going on for the day. If there isn't any emergency work then they will find projects to do around the shop.
• Perform physical labor associated with cleanup activities, sample collection, waste removal and other remediation services
• Follow applicable safety rules, regulations, guidelines, policies, and site specific safety plans when performing cleanup activities and donning protective gear
• Operate routinely used tools and equipment
• Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment
• Shop maintenance, stock supplies, building maintenance, vehicle maintenance
• Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm, with a 1 hour lunch at least 40 hours, but can also work OT depending on the jobs.
• On-call Rotation 24/7
• Frequent and extensive travel may be required
****If person doesnt have 40 hour Hazwoper cert, then they will start at $12 for the 1st week and will get sent for training paid for by client. Once certification is obtained the 2nd week pay will go to $18.
General Labor, Construction, Environmental Field, Farming, Hazwoper, Environmental Remediation
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 6 months of experience in construction, environmental, Landscaping, emergency cleanup companies or farming
- Able to wear full and half face respirator
- Able to work in confined spaces
- Regularly lift and carry 50 pounds
- Able to squat, lift, kneel, shovel, crouch, climb stairs as needed for duration of shift
- Withstand prolonged periods standing and walking
- Manual dexterity as needed to operate a variety of machinery and equipment
Nice to have:
- 40 hour Hazwoper
- On call positions in past
- Poor Attendance
- Strictly manufacturing or Warehousing exp
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: John Ver Mulm