Posting ID: JP-002662910
One of the largest analytical chemistry companies here in the Indianapolis area is hiring for a lab technician position! If you are interested in working on a team who focuses on hands on testing within the lab setting, this role is for you!
This Lab Technician will be a part of the Metals Department and will be responsible for providing assistance, preserving, preparing, processing and maintenance of lab samples, which involve knowledge on fundamental lab support policies, programs and practices while completing appropriate forms, documents and databases. May include various forms of samples, such as environmental, biological, chemical, and related areas.
• Sample preparation for metals analysis
• Provides fundamental analysis in support of standard testing materials, products and/or devices utilizing standard analytical instrumentation.
• Provides fundamental review, analysis, interpretation and documentation of testing results.
• Overseeing or reviewing, completing and processing various types of standard chemistry/biochemistry forms, documents, databases, and related materials and information.
• Cleans, maintains, prepares and calibrates equipment, samples, and related areas.
• Using up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects
• Additional Duties as required
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• High School Diploma required
• Commercial or research lab experience preferred, but not required.
• Must have ability to problem solve and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to communicate effectively – written and verbal communications as well as documentation.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a group setting
Shift: Sunday - Thursday 3:00pm -11:30pm
Location: 7726 Moller Road, Indianapolis, IN 46268
If you or anyone you know is interested in learning more details regarding this great opportunity, feel free to apply directly or send me your resume at email@example.com. We are actively interviewing and hiring for this role!
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072