Mechanical Design Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002662375
Member of a Product Engineering Team within the Mechanical Design Group who is assigned activities to design and develop Commercial Vehicle Steering components and assemblies, with an emphasis on new product development and emerging technologies. Design and development of the mechanical hardware including innovation, concept, design and production release activities for new customer applications. This individual will be responsible for working with team of development and test engineers to develop and design new commercial steering systems (steering wheels, steering columns, linkage cables/connectors, etc.) Additional work includes but is not limited to:
• Create mechanical solutions for customer applications, new steering system requirements
• Manage the creation and collaboration of 3D CAD models and engineering drawings to describe the product to manufacturing, quality, and purchasing.
• Perform Engineering calculations as required to ensure a robust product design.
• Develop, revise, and maintain Design Failure Mode Effects and Analysis (DFMEA)
• Develop test specifications, product validation plans, enter test requests, coordinate completion of testing, write engineering reports and communicate results to the organization.
Development, Project management, Product design, Mechanical design, Design, creo, cad
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
* Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or MET
* 3+ years of experience product development engineering experience
* Prior experience with 3D CAD software
* strong communication needed to communicate with vendors and customers
* Creo is preferred, but will take any CAD software experience
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072